2Likes
  • 1 Post By edjunior
  • 1 Post By Stroking it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which air bags to install

With my camper on my CC really squats. I want to put on some airbags and it seems there are two major choices the firestone airbags and the LoadLifter 5000. For some reason the LoadLifter 7500XL won't work with diesels. Anyone have experience with either system. Pros and cons of each?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 09:44 PM

I had the Firestones on my two previous trucks and never had any issues. They were on my 2011 for 7 years before the engine crapped on me. Can't speak for the Airlift, though I did have their 72000 Wireless Compressor, which I love. I had to get a new compressor once in those 7 years, but otherwise no problem. So far, I don't need the bags on this new truck, but I've only been out camping once. Still need to get a couple of more trips to say for sure.
raymason likes this.

Ed...KF5INW
2011 6.7L PSD XLT - Dead and gone
2019 6.7L PSD XLT - Still too new!
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS 5er
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 08:24 AM

I have Firestone's on my truck and love them. I didn't get the compressor at first. *big mistake) Now I have the onboard compressor. I thought about the wireless one but then you would have another remote. I mounted the gauge switch to the lower left side by the door. Not to many places to mount the gauge but after looking foe a few hours I decided on a place.
I was going to post pictures but cant find them. Mine is a 15
raymason likes this.

Last edited by Stroking it; 04-28-2019 at 08:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 10:39 AM
RT
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

Air Lift has a lifetime warranty. There are models with and without in bed hitches but Iíve never heard of a diesel version vs. gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2003 F-250 XLT Crew Cab 7.3L, Chrome BigTex Grille Guard, Quad pillar - 3 ISSPRO gauges (trans, pyro, boost) and DP-Tuner F6; Roush fuel pressure / temperature / oil pressure gauges, Ford Severe Duty AIS, 31 row 6.0 transmission cooler, ScanGauge II, Marinco mod, Walker BTM, Full Force Stage 1 injectors

IF MY BODY IS EVER FOUND ON A JOGGING TRAIL JUST KNOW THAT I WAS MURDERED SOMEWHERE ELSE AND DUMPED THERE
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT View Post
Air Lift has a lifetime warranty. There are models with and without in bed hitches but Iíve never heard of a diesel version vs. gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya weird from their website

"Does not fit 2018-2019 diesel models. Will fit ALL models without a fifth-wheel hitch and will also fit most side mount fifth wheel hitch applications. Does not fit cab & chassis applications. Fits factory in-bed hitch system."

Ray Mason
2018 F350 Crewcab

2004 F350 4X4 Crewcab
Sled Deck
6 spd basic

88 Ford F350 4X4 Crewcab
Original Injector Pump
Original Clutch
Electric Fuel Pump
Reconditioned Shotgun Holder
Lots of Rust
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 08:41 AM

I added the bags after I installed the B&W hitch. Bad news is I had to loosen the side plates because there is one bolt that went under the plate.Then I had to re-torque the dolts again.
Air bags have been under there for 3 years now and I love them. Helps with the ride quality. I run 20# unloaded and loaded 60#
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2017 & up Ford Super Duties > 2017 & Up General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in