The Diesel Stop banner

Automatic Wipers

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  HeavyAssault 
#1 ·
My auto wipers are very sensitive. No matter what auto setting, a fine must or even light sprinkle has the wipers running with very little time delay. And I can't get it to increase delay. Anybody else have this?

#4 ·
Mine did the same, it was extremely annoying to have the wipers on full tilt for a mist. I just disabled the feature in the menu and operate them manually, MUCH better.

I don' think the spots within "AUTO" on the turn lever actually set what speed the auto wiper go to. I think you just have to be within that range for the auto wipers to "work" if feature is enabled.

#6 ·
Mine work pretty well as I recall, but it has been some time since I've driven the truck in weather that required wipers. However, I am sure if it annoyed me, I would remember that. Wonder if there is something on the sensor lens itself?

#10 ·
I was pretty sure the stalk setting adjusted the sensitivity as well, as I know it does on many other cars I've owned with auto wipers. I just couldn't remember if that was the case on these trucks or not.

#12 ·
WOW....Page 87 in the Owner's Manual:

Use the rotary control to adjust the sensitivity of the autowipers. When you select low sensitivity, the wipers operate when the sensor detects a large amount of water on the windshield. When you select high sensitivity, the wipers operate when the sensor detects a small amount of water on the windshield. Keep the outside of the windshield clean. The rain sensor is very sensitive and the wipers may operate if dirt, mist or insects hit the windshield.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.