Leveling kit? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By fishingpolesling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Leveling kit?

I'm buying a new 18 F350 cc srw long box. One of the first things I want to do is put a leveling kit on it. These have come a long way since my 03, so I'm looking for a little input from someone who has done one. I'm leaning towards a BDS or a Carli. The Carli is much more pricey and the only difference I see is you're getting new springs rather than blocks or pucks. I have heard some horror stories with jacking up the front ends the wrong way.

Anyone have an opinion on this?

03 F350 Crew cab, XLT, long box, 4x4, 6spd, single rear wheel, 4" straight pipe, SCT Xtreme, ARP head studs.

64 F100 302 4-speed top loader
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 07:14 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (6)
There's three ways to level/lift the front of the coil spring trucks: New springs, use an upper spring mount spacer, or use a lower spring mount spacer.

New Springs: Can be expensive due to brand and shocks you choose, quite frequently done. No issues other than maybe needing to adjust the alignment. Could use a trac bar drop bracket to help.
Upper Spacer: Very affordable, could use new shocks, quite frequently done. No issues other than maybe needing to adjust the alignment. Could use a trac bar drop bracket to help.
Lower Spacer: Not used very often if ever for 2", mostly 1" spacers are used. Affordable and size allows so you really don't need shocks. Not much effect on alignment using the 1" spacer.

Spend what you can afford: Make sure you consider the cost of an alignment. Look at Readylift since they have quite a few options in spacer kits.

2015 F-350 CCLB PSD 4X4 3.55 ELD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some stock stuff, some modded stuff, some deleted stuff.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 01:45 PM

I just picked up a 2017 350 SRW Short bed and am doing an Icon Stage III leveling kit plus adding a track bar.

2017-UP Ford F250/F350 4WD 2.5" Suspension System - Stage 3 | K62513

2001 F-250 Lariat, Super Crew, Short box, 7.3L, 4X4, 4R100 Trans, 4.10 gears with limited slip, 3.5” Fabtech Suspension leveling kit, 35 12.50 20 Nitto's, 20” Fuel wheels, MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust, ceramic coated bellowed up-pipes, GPR LED, Dieselsite.com EBV+, Turbo Master mechanical wastegate controller, Ford Severe Duty AIS w/ foam fender sleeve, Diesel Site Boots, AIH delete with a Riff Raff Diesel plug, and a DP-Tuner F6, pre-pump fuel filter setup, coolant filter and bypass setup, trans filter, fuel pre pump filter, HPX line and some other small crap I cant recall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 02:06 PM

ThatÂ’s a nice kit but, $3028.00 is way more than I would spend on a 2 1/2 lift.

2019 F350 Ford Super Duty XLT Lariat, 6.7 diesel, Crewcab Shortbox, 8 1/2’ Fisher Xtreme V snowplow
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 02:20 PM

You can add a leveling spacer kit for under 200 buck I did mine goes under spring. It's a pain but I just bought new shocks that would work on stock up to 2 and half lift didn't need alignment had it checked it rides nothing changed except the height it leveled the truck don't spend that much for that little get something worth your money. Shocks which I needed anyway and spacers maybe 400 450 and I got blisten shocks and SD spacers billet alum .
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 02:32 PM

Looked up that kit, think you'd get more than shocks and springs for 3 grand. Might be nice but it's not giving you that much more wheel travel. The shocks are nice but over rated unless your off road a lot or have really bad roads. like most states do that's a given. We pay butt loads of taxes on roads that tear up our expensive vehices up , then pay to repair them when does it end.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 07:29 PM

My Photos: (55)
I'm doing this on my DRW, its a little more bang for the buck Icon and I'll add the trac bar bracket.
2017-UP Ford F250/F350 4WD 2.5" Suspension System - Stage 1 | K62511

John

2019 F-350 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab LWB DRW Tri-Color White
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 01:42 PM

John
how did it turn out i am doing mine next week 2 in level kit (blocks ) 35 12.50 20 on new 20 inch fuel wheels
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 09:31 AM

I have Icon stage 2 on my 18 350 and it's a better ride than stock (or stock springs with spacers). The replacement springs and remote reservoir shocks are great. I had spacer leveling kits on my last 2 trucks and I won't use them ever again.
HeavyAssault likes this.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 10:18 AM

My Photos: (55)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee woods View Post
John
how did it turn out i am doing mine next week 2 in level kit (blocks ) 35 12.50 20 on new 20 inch fuel wheels
Lee, I haven't installed this yet. I had it in my shopping cart at Amazon and it became "unavailable" a few days later when I went back in to pull the trigger. Icon still sells it on their site but it's about $200 more and who knows about shipping. Like most, I like having Amazon on the line for returns.

I will end up buying it and will install one of these days.

I know Bobby Williams (long time sponsor here at TDS, not sure if he still is?) has this on his dually (it's where I got the idea) and he loves it!

John

2019 F-350 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab LWB DRW Tri-Color White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2017 & up Ford Super Duties > 2017 & Up General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in