• 1 Post By ford_doctor
  • 1 Post By ford_doctor
  • 1 Post By Phillippeterson

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No whistle and little coal compared to '2011

I have a 2011 6.7 that I bought new and built.. (full delete, intake, hs mini tuner, 5" turbo back straight pipe exhaust, 6" lift, 24" forces on 37" toyo) never had any problems but I wanted to upgrade so I purchased a 2017 with 18k on it already built ( ezlynk tuner, delete , intake, 8" down pipe turbo back exhaust, 6 " lift, 26" forces on 37".... the truck is gorgeous and sounds awesome especially on the highest setting of the ezlynk.. however I have a issue that bothers me. I can't get the damn thing to whistle too much or roal coal like I can get my 11 too.. I asked the seller and they said just put it on the highest setting of the tuner .... still no go on the whistle but the coal is there a lil ..... check out video
comments/suggestions welcome

Last edited by Dick Cutting; 04-02-2018 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Fixed all 8 single words of I which they were originally placed as i
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 02:30 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

When I see a guy blowing black smoke out his exhaust I always think "rookie that does not know how to drive a diesel".

We are seeing legislation these days that place more and more restrictive legislation on diesels and rolling coal on fellow drivers only makes them associate diesels as "dirty". In other words, you negatively impact all diesel owners.
79jasper and undl8r like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 F-250 4x4 CC SB 7.3 PSD w/4R100. 182,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. ScanGauge-II, AIC, Bilstein 5100, Stancor GPR, Marinco Mod, B&W Turnover Ball, Michelin Defender LTX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 F-250 4x4 SC LB 7.3 PSD w/ZF-6. 177,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. ScanGauge-II. Bilstein 5100. Noco Mod. Michelin Defender LTX 285/75/16.

SOLD:
2000 F-250 4x4 SC SB 7.3 PSD w/4R100. 164,000 miles.
NOS Black CPS. Rebuilt Fuel bowl w/gold spring, 6.0 Cooler, Walker BTM, Stancor GPR, Michelin LTX M&S2.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 06:44 AM

I'm with Arctic.
Modifying your truck is fine and all, and to each his own. However rolling coal gives all diesels a negative connotation to the vast majority of people who do not differentiate between the few coal rollers and the other 99% of the diesel operators out there. In this the 1% cause people to seek legislation that essentially make all of our lives harder, trucks less efficient, less reliable and more expensive.
Despite whatever anyone tells you, rolling coal is not 'good' for your truck, your wallet, the environment or the rest of the diesel community.

Do not think i am environmentalist type or anything like that. However rolling coal ultimately infringes upon our rights as citizens

Cause and effect-
Activist group sees people rolling coal,
They make a stink about it and lobby for new laws on all diesels,
New laws require further emission controls and making it illegal to modify these trucks,
New emissions drive up the cost of the trucks and suppress reliability and efficiency,
Thus limiting my and others ability to purchase the vehicle we want/need, and making us outlaws when we modify them to fit the task at hand.

(While it sucks, that a few knuckle heads and loudmouth activist groups can have that effect and it is not right, sadly this is our reality)

I love the aftermarket for trucks and modding is one of the most fun things about these trucks. Ill even admit little puff of smoke is kind of cool. However I will not provide anyone ammunition to further infringe further on my rights.

Instead I take pride in keeping a truck on the road that runs (albeit relatively) clean that gets as good(some times better) of fuel millage as Mid/large SUVs and most trucks that are half the weight, and my truck still has the ability to tote a family of 6 along with 16k of whatever we want.

{steps down from soap box}

1997 F250 Heavy Duty 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4 Crew Cab, SRW, Automatic E40D
BTS Valve Body
Tru-Cool Trans Cooler
4" Turbo Back Diamond Eye Stainless Exhaust
Tymar Air Intake
TS Six Position Chip (stock,High Idle, +50, +75, +100, +120)
Tymar HPX line in hand but no installed yet
285/75r16 BFG All-Terrain KO2
ARE LSII Custom Color Tonneau bed cover
Color match Rhino spray in bed liner
------------------------------------------
Better To Be Tried By 12 Than Carried By 6

Last edited by Relentless007; 04-03-2018 at 06:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 11:36 AM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
Actually, breaking federal emissions laws and polluting the air EVERYONE breathes is not a right... in other words you do not have the RIGHT to do that. It is that simple. And remember kids, rolling coal does not make you cool.
Phillippeterson and 79jasper like this.

2019 Ford Fusion ENERGI Titanium Plug-in Hybrid
Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 12:56 PM

My Photos: (8)
Might want to check you post, do they really make a 8 inch downpipe? They are trying to make new trucks as quiet as possible, you may have sound deadening material around the intake that is helping keep the turbo quiet, or it may just be how the 2017 is set up. I really don't see a lot of "Rolling Coal" from either truck in the video. Rolling Coal can basically caused by poor programing/ crappy injectors /inadequate air management. It is a great sales gimmick when selling poor products to people that do not understand engine management. It was all the rage 20 years ago and helped feed the restrictive laws we have today.
DENNY

Early 1999 F350 AUTO 4x4 CC LB DRW 4.10 6.0 trans cooler, Front hitch, 2,000 hubs/ brakes, Bilstein shocks/steering stabilizer, Diesel site coolant filter 203 thermostat, EBV delete, new O-rings, new Oil cooler, RIFF RAFF FRX, Glow plug led, Pillar gauges, Lighted cupholder, Painless wiring fuze block, Harpoon/hutch mods, Removed axle blocks. Air bags, 5 wheel hitch, In bed 7 pin plug. Spare tire key delete. KLHANSEN on speed dial. 75,000 as of May 2019
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 01:06 PM

Could also be the difference in turbos.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1994 F350 7.3 PSD 4X4 ZF5 DUALLY
PHP HYDRA, 6637, 3-4 DP TO STRAIGHT 4 BEHIND THE TIRE, 1.0 EXHAUST HOUSING, DIY D66 TURBO, FUGA E-FUEL, EBPV DELETE. Cooper discoverer AT/3'S.

2010 VW JETTA TDI DSG Kerma tune. Hankook ventus v2 concept 2.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 03:08 PM

@ford_doctor

Never said rolling coal was a right, but I do contest the constitutionality of the federal government to dictate what I do with my own property as long as I am not impinging upon someone else rights.

At the risk of starting a constitutional debate,
What gives the federal government constitutional authority to dictate things such as emissions and other items sold on the free market at the behest of individuals and law abiding entities nation wide. Last a checked, all un-enumerated powers are delegated to the individual states. That said States have the ability to choose which emissions standards they will adopt, independent of that of the rest of the nation. And I have the option to move/live in the state that most conforms to my values.
And yes I know that many states do have their own standards already, along with local ordinances.

Forgive me if I sound like a nut case.

And I will circle back around and say that I agree that intentionally billowing black smoke is irresponsible and disrespectful of our fellow man. We all have the right of pursuing happiness but not that to infringe upon that of others. Thus we must go about these pursuits in a responsible manner because we owe it to ourselves and our fellow man/woman, not because an all intrusive government tells us to.

BTS Valve Body
Tru-Cool Trans Cooler
Tymar Air Intake
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless007 View Post
At the risk of starting a constitutional debate,
What gives the federal government constitutional authority to dictate things such as emissions and other items sold on the free market at the behest of individuals and law abiding entities nation wide. Last a checked, all un-enumerated powers are delegated to the individual states. That said States have the ability to choose which emissions standards they will adopt, independent of that of the rest of the nation.
Well it is stated in the US Constitution plain as day:

The Congress shall have power to "To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes"

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3.

***Disclaimer: I am not taking a serious position on this one here on TDS any Relentless, I am just having fun and pointing out its fasinating the challenge that SCOTUS has interpreting how these 16 or 22 words of the Commerce Clause applies to modern times and your argument suggests the anti-federalist sentiment is still alive & well this 230 years later.. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/TheDieselStop_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]

Back to the original topic...I do make exceptions for rolling coal at Tractor Pulls. [IMG class=inlineimg]http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif[/IMG]

NOS Black CPS. ScanGauge-II, AIC, Bilstein 5100, Stancor GPR, Marinco Mod, B&W Turnover Ball, Michelin Defender LTX

NOS Black CPS. ScanGauge-II. Bilstein 5100. Noco Mod. Michelin Defender LTX 285/75/16.

SOLD:
NOS Black CPS. Rebuilt Fuel bowl w/gold spring, 6.0 Cooler, Walker BTM, Stancor GPR, Michelin LTX M&S2.

Last edited by ArcticDriver; 04-04-2018 at 05:52 AM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 07:37 PM

Yes Tractor Pulls for sure. Those are off the road use and they dont blow smoke just to be cool (at least not primarily), That is just a by-product of making as much power as possible in the given format.

And yes this hyper liberal interpretation of these types of clauses is the same kind of logic that says it is logical to give away money that we borrow and can never never hope to pay back or get any tangible return on the investment.

Anyways, I hate to sound like a fuddy duddy but this is the wrong community to seek guidance on how to roll coal.

BTS Valve Body
Tru-Cool Trans Cooler
Tymar Air Intake
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 05:07 AM

Garage
Quote:
@ford_doctor

Never said rolling coal was a right, but I do contest the constitutionality of the federal government to dictate what I do with my own property as long as I am not impinging upon someone else rights.
Umm, yes you are infringing on EVERYONE ELSE'S right to breath clean air. If you lived in a glass bubble all by yourself breathing those unnecessary carcinogens till you expire I would not care but since that glass bubble does not exist... With your logic I should be able to piss in your water well, right? Well it is my pee so what gives the government (or you for that matter) the right to tell me what I can do with it? I see the logic here, it's all about YOU isn't it? Now I get it!
Phillippeterson likes this.

Diesel Mentor Directory

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 07:26 AM

This is what makes America great.

230 years after the Constitutional Convention and we can still witness firsthand the arguments presented in the Federalist Paper the regional opinions between an esteemed gentleman from New Jersey versus an esteemed gentleman from the Southernmost 13th Colony on the pros and cons of a strong centralized federal government vs the continued authority of States Rights in those years following our Independence from Britain and before the US Constition and Bill of Rights were ratified.

SOLD:

Last edited by ArcticDriver; 04-04-2018 at 01:03 PM.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 09:02 AM

@ford_doctor

Now your just trolling,
And to extend your analogy; Technically your pee does go into my drinking water and everyone else's. No matter the sanitation system it all returns to the ground water. Even if it goes through a treatment facility first all of it effectively ends back up in the ground. Fun fact is that Sedimentation facility that basically use ponds with layers of different grade fills to filter wast are more effective then that of mechanical means.
Using that same logic I would be depleting everyone's oxygen by the very act of breathing. Oh and wait! Don't all air breathing engines use up oxygen . . . and as an additional by products such as emissions? So every non electric car driver is polluting, Never mind that the very act of generating electricity has a laundry list of pollutants involved.

Moral here is any industrial society is going to produce more emissions than that of an un-industrialized society. Its the very nature of any process or chemical reaction that there are by-products. Now that does not absolve us of our responsibility to mitigate these things. However we must leverage common sense with this responsibility.
If we are forced to dump our old not as 'clean' vehicle to get the newest 'cleanest' vehicle to keep up with the demand of the work at hand and our environmental responsibility we would be creating a bigger problem. Problem being to produce these vehicles uses non renewable resources and gives off its own emissions then we have to recycle the old vehicles which uses energy and produces more emissions. Never mind the prohibitive cost of all this.
Instead we have to find a balancing point, of making the vehicle at hand suitable for the task at hand until such time that it makes sense to upgrade to the newer model that will reliably do the job with all emissions controls in place at an effective price point. I personally love the 6.7 trucks and am of the opinion that engine/emissions wise they shouldn't be modified. At least not until the emissions system starts to have perpetual failures and affects the overall reliability of the vehicle, at such time we are faced with the decision here to modify the emissions controls to make the truck reliable or renew the financial burden of a new vehicle.

Removing functioning emissions systems from a reliable vehicle that does everything that is needed is dumb. However at the point when failures start to occur frequently enough that you can not rely on it and the repairs will hurt your lively hood, then it is equally dumb not to modify the situation.

As far as emissions production goes, jet aircraft are the worse offenders on an emissions per operating hour stand point. An hour of flight produces more emissions than my ol 7.3 does in a week of driving. Review the information provided below. Given that data to say an individual or even a small percentage of truck owners is destroying air quality by modifying some emissions equipment is detrimental to air quality is like claiming that the ants biting you are whats killing you while a bear is making lunch out of your femoral artery.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Vehicle -plane Emissions.pdf (105.2 KB, 15 views)

BTS Valve Body
Tru-Cool Trans Cooler
Tymar Air Intake
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 11:46 AM

Garage

C'mon you can do better than that!

There is no amount of reasoning, no responsible excuse that you
can offer for violating federal emission regulations.

Phillippeterson likes this.

Diesel Mentor Directory

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 06:48 AM

Quote:
@ford_doctor

The Federal government, and States and cities and towns, make laws (that may infringe on everyone) - e.g. speed limits, curfews, fire bans, GVWR, dogs on leashes..... - because people make poor decisions that affect everyone else.
jetboatrich likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2017 & up Ford Super Duties > 2017 & Up General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in