MPG M-PEG question - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Other Technical Questions Discussion of other technical topics. Please see the sticky post at the top of the thread listing for specific rules. The rules for this forum are more restrictive than they have been in the past.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2007, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MPG M-PEG question

Not miles per gallon M-peg

My brother sends me a M-peg file, I click on it and there is a slight delay and in the lower LEFT corner it says done but no m-peg? What am doing wrong?

Too much junk/toys to mention, ever changing due to too getting bored too quickly. I need a 10 step program!
Want to call? I'm in the book. Want to argue....First explain the square root of negative one....lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2007, 05:38 PM

My Photos: (64)
Re: MPG M-PEG question

Sounds like it is being saved to disk and not opened.

2005 F250 XLT SC, LB
6.0 Torqueshift 3.73LS 4x4 T/C
Trk Bld: 02/05/05 KY
Eng Bld: 02/03/05 Indianapolis
2825 Hrs +/-, 101K Miles - No Major Probs other than brakes
DC Power 185 Alternator
ZOODAD, SEIC,
Atlas 40 FICM @ 90K
4" Banks Turbo-Back Duals
3.5" Ready Lift
Bilstein 5100's
315 - 70R17 Duratrac's
Centramatics
Bodiak Front Receiver
SG2
Coolant Filter
HFCM Plug Upgrade

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FP Gauge
Zerex Red ELC
Old 11-27-2007, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Band_Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like it is being saved to disk and not opened. </div></div>

OK so then what? I'm dense on this!

Too much junk/toys to mention, ever changing due to too getting bored too quickly. I need a 10 step program!
Want to call? I'm in the book. Want to argue....First explain the square root of negative one....lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2007, 07:35 PM

Try Right-clicking on the file, and select Open Using ... if you want to play it. It will give you a list of programs that you can select from to play the video file.

short_stuff

Y2K F250 CC PSD Auto, Short-bed Lariat, Woodland Green/Gold, ordered 07/10/99, born 09/12/99, delivered 10/08/99, Bed mat, Zoodad mod, Viper Remote Start Alarm, Fumoto valve, undercoated, 170k somewhat trouble-free miles (so far), Edge Evolution (60 HP setting), Pioneer DVD/CD/iPod/XM satellite, backup camera, aluminum camper shell to replace the ROLLX that I had on the bed

Repairs: CPS, Water Separator Valve assembly, rear axle bearings, VSS, batteries, brakes, alternator, serpentine belt (x2) and tension pullies, all 4 power lock actuators, water pump, air conditioning lines and compressor, battery cables, replaced the leather oem seat covers with very good leather replacements (found a great price from a place in Dallas that custom makes them)

2016 Subaru Outback (Wife's commuter car)

2016 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 30 ft TT

1993 MonArk Sun/Spa 20 ft pontoon boat
Old 11-27-2007, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: short_stuff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try Right-clicking on the file, and select Open Using ... if you want to play it. It will give you a list of programs that you can select from to play the video file.

short_stuff </div></div>

Merci. I'll give it a go!!

Old 11-28-2007, 09:44 AM

My Photos: (64)

On the system I am using whenever I get an e-mailed .mpeg or .wmv file and click on it a cell opens asking me whether to "Save to disk" or "Open with". Under "open with" there is a pull down menu. I have selected windows media player in the window.

By default the cell opens and reverts to the selection (save or open) last time it was opened. Mine is always selected to "Open with" unless I change it to "Save to disk".

You may be saving your .mpeg to a folder where you will have to go and just as short stuff said double click on the file to get it to open.

Hope that clarifies and helps you some.

2005 F250 XLT SC, LB
6.0 Torqueshift 3.73LS 4x4 T/C
Trk Bld: 02/05/05 KY
Eng Bld: 02/03/05 Indianapolis
2825 Hrs +/-, 101K Miles - No Major Probs other than brakes
DC Power 185 Alternator
ZOODAD, SEIC,
Atlas 40 FICM @ 90K
4" Banks Turbo-Back Duals
3.5" Ready Lift
Bilstein 5100's
315 - 70R17 Duratrac's
Centramatics
Bodiak Front Receiver
SG2
Coolant Filter
HFCM Plug Upgrade

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FP Gauge
Zerex Red ELC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Other Technical Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in