Welderup - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Other Technical Questions Discussion of other technical topics. Please see the sticky post at the top of the thread listing for specific rules. The rules for this forum are more restrictive than they have been in the past.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (1)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Welderup

So I have a 93 f350 idi turbo...single cab...rotted out body...here's my plan to basterdise it into a beast for clearing the road to my cottage..roughly 450 feet...i want to move the rear end as close to the back of the cabin as possible ( mostly for plowing in tight quaters)...ive searched the net for examples of this to no avail...anyone do this?? Yet..lol.

1992 f-350.4x4 srw.rebuilt e4od.rebuilt injection pump. no soup bowl,no muffler,straight pipe.. 8 foot power angle Artic blade/7 1/2 ft p/a Fisher blade. 280,000kms and counting.Paint to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 10:04 AM

My Photos: (8)
Back in the day one of the members was cutting frames and adjusting length. Fabracator/welder by trade so his work was very nice. He also made lowrider bobcats for working in city drain systems. This was back in 2001 timeframe so I don't know if you can find the posts.
DENNY

Early 1999 F350 AUTO 4x4 CC LB DRW 4.10 6.0 trans cooler, Front hitch, 2,000 hubs/ brakes, Bilstein shocks/steering stabilizer, Diesel site coolant filter 203 thermostat, EBV delete, new O-rings, new Oil cooler, RIFF RAFF FRX, Glow plug led, Pillar gauges, Lighted cupholder, Painless wiring fuze block, Harpoon/hutch mods, Removed axle blocks. Air bags, 5 wheel hitch, In bed 7 pin plug. Spare tire key delete. KLHANSEN on speed dial. 75,000 as of May 2019
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 03:08 PM

My Photos: (0)
Its probably not that hard to do. Sounds like a fun project. You'll need some weight on the back to counterbalance the plow once you shorten the frame.

2006 F250 6.0 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

For sure on the fun and the weight...i have1500lbs of railway track to cut up and incorporate into the rear.. that should do it....will be a summer project.

1992 f-350.4x4 srw.rebuilt e4od.rebuilt injection pump. no soup bowl,no muffler,straight pipe.. 8 foot power angle Artic blade/7 1/2 ft p/a Fisher blade. 280,000kms and counting.Paint to come.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 09:57 PM

I don't know if you can still get them but we used to get lead weights from the tire shops, dump them in 4" black iron pipe and heat the pipe until the lead melted. I'm sure that was 14 different kinds of OHSA violations but they made great frame weights - just weld a tab on the pipe wherever you need one.

2006 F250 6.0 4x4
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Good tip on the lead...keep that in mind...ballast could be a problem....did some quick measurements today and I'm thinking I can get the total truck length to just under 13ft....cant wait for summer to get at it lol.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 01:40 PM

Pictures. Pictures or it didn't happen.

2006 F250 6.0 4x4
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 09:00 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

If there’s good steel in the frame yet, do your measurements, cut frame on a bias, bevel and weld 100%, then weld a football patch of slightly heavier gage steel over the splice and you’ll be good to go!

2002 F350 7.3L / 4R100 - 4WD CC DRW 8’ Box, AIH Delete, Gauges- Pyro, Trans Temp, Boost, Fuel Pressure, TS-6 tuner, Zoodad Mod, Mishimoto 31 row Trans cooler, Mobil 1 ATF, Trans return line ATF filter, Hutch/Harpoon Mod, Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 rear air springs, Rancho 9000 shocks, Timbrens on the front.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 09:09 PM

Welder slang....... you may not be familiar with football patch (what it looks like) Lol !..... look up “fish plate”. Good Luck

2002 F350 7.3L / 4R100 - 4WD CC DRW 8’ Box, AIH Delete, Gauges- Pyro, Trans Temp, Boost, Fuel Pressure, TS-6 tuner, Zoodad Mod, Mishimoto 31 row Trans cooler, Mobil 1 ATF, Trans return line ATF filter, Hutch/Harpoon Mod, Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 rear air springs, Rancho 9000 shocks, Timbrens on the front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Other Technical Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in