• 1 Post By Stroking it
  • 1 Post By edjunior

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2018 carryover?

Hi all,

Looking into my first diesel. Was thinking I'd get a carryover to save some money. I read all the threads about people getting 10-15k off MSRP but just doesn't seem to be happening for me.

Not totally decided between Lariat or XLT. I want dual zone climate control, but not a huge fan of leather.

I'll try attach a build sheet. Curious what you guys consider a decent deal. They seem to be available still, but not as big of markdown as I would have thought.

Also curious if there's any major differences (salt protection?) between buying a truck here in MN versus the southern states. I see there is a couple preferred suppliers here on the forum...

Update: I'm not allowed to add attachments yet so can't figure out how to get the build sheet on here.

2018 F-250 XLT
White
Diesel/6.7 Powerstroke
Crew Cab
6.75 box
XLT premium package
Powerscope mirrors
Fx4
Console front seat

Would it be reasonable to ask for one like that in the 50k range? All the quotes I'm getting are 57-61k, same as for 2019's darn near.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2019 Ford SuperDuty - Build & Price(1).pdf (95.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: pdf 2019 Ford SuperDuty - Build & Price.pdf (96.5 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by Sledneck321; 02-18-2019 at 08:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 09:28 PM

Which is exactly the reason I went with the '19. I couldn't seem to get one of the "deals" on the '18's, so I sucked it up and went with the '19. I don't regret it, but as always, I wish I could have done better.

Your build sheet sounds almost like what I have. I have a couple of extras. Since I was paying so much, I figured I would get a couple of nice extras while I was at it, such as the 360 degree cameras. I also didn't plan on it, but it came with this truck. The camper package. It adds an extra leaf in the rear, and it makes my truck sit perfectly level when I hook up to my 5th wheel. Just something to think about.

I also really like the dual-zone climate control (had one in my 2008). But it only comes in Lariat and above. As far as I know, you cannot get it in the XLT. I would still love to have it, but am living without it.
Sledneck321 likes this.

Ed...KF5INW
2011 6.7L PSD XLT - Dead and gone
2019 6.7L PSD XLT - Still too new!
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS 5er
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Yeah... coming from a Chev, I'm not at all impressed with the Ford climate control. Even a basic LT1 has the dual zone. That would roughly compare to bare bones XLT afaik.

Also, Ford only has about 10 clicks on the temperature knob from max cold to max hot. Guessing each click equals 3-5 degrees. On longer runs in our F150's, were constantly fussing with the temp knob.

Our Chevs have each individual degree from 60 to 90, but I digress. Since I don't trust their diesels right now, here I am!

Did u end up paying full price?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjunior View Post
Which is exactly the reason I went with the '19. I couldn't seem to get one of the "deals" on the '18's, so I sucked it up and went with the '19. I don't regret it, but as always, I wish I could have done better.

Your build sheet sounds almost like what I have. I have a couple of extras. Since I was paying so much, I figured I would get a couple of nice extras while I was at it, such as the 360 degree cameras. I also didn't plan on it, but it came with this truck. The camper package. It adds an extra leaf in the rear, and it makes my truck sit perfectly level when I hook up to my 5th wheel. Just something to think about.

I also really like the dual-zone climate control (had one in my 2008). But it only comes in Lariat and above. As far as I know, you cannot get it in the XLT. I would still love to have it, but am living without it.
What do you like about dual-zone climate control?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillippeterson View Post
Wife is always freezing. I'm normal. So I set mine at 70, she puts hers at 89 and seat heat on high.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillippeterson View Post
I like being able to adjust my side and my wife still be happy on her side. It's not as bad as it used to be, but we can both be pretty radically different. It would still be nice to have. I have it in my Dodge Charger, and it gets used a lot when we take the car instead of the truck.

Ed...KF5INW
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS 5er
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 02:08 PM

When I got my truck I decided that I would have it a long time. I also would be spending a lot of time driving mine. I got it to tow our 5th wheel and we travel every year so 6 to 7 hours behind the wheel is common for us.
So if you go new get the truck you want with all the options you like. Nothing like getting something and later go i wish i had gotten that. I have a 12 Taurus SHO and at the time i didn't think i wanted remote start. Big mistake. So give this some serious thought and check your wallet for the funds and get the most truck you can afford.
Sledneck321 likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Here is a pic of the truck. Seems like a nice unit. I didn't know that the console versions have leather on the center console. Seems like a nice touch, is that standard? I'll put the build sheet here, curious what you sharpshooters would pay for this rig. It has been on dealer lots for 300+ days now, not sure why; I think it's spiffy!

https://www.cornerstoneford.com/new-...7W2BT0JEB88166

Last edited by Sledneck321; 02-20-2019 at 02:42 PM. Reason: trying to get build sheet to show
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 06:11 PM

That sure seems to be a pretty good price. Especially for all the add-ons to the XLT trim. You get a lot more than I got for a good amount less. Other than the color (white is a kind of boring color...just my opinion, don't shoot me), I don't know why it's been sitting there for so long either. Might be time to wheel and deal even more!
Sledneck321 likes this.

Ed...KF5INW
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS 5er
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2017 & up Ford Super Duties > 2017 & up Ordering Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in