'2018 Super Duty Ordering Guide - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to D.J.
'2018 Super Duty Ordering Guide

I am wondering if the 2018 ordering guide is out? If so, where is it located. I could not find it on Ford website.
Thanks in Advance
DJ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
01 F350 CC PSD Lariat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 05:53 PM

I'm also interested in the 2018 Ford Super Duty Ordering Guide. Anyone know where it is located?

Thanks for any assistance.

01 Excursion, Ltd. PSD, EBM2, 4x4,arrived 11/22/00. Adds:TRUCK VAULT,Automate Alarm,3 Autometer Carbon Fiber Gauges on A Pillar,TTM.SOLD THIS BABY IN 2014 AND I SURE MISS HER. WANT A 2018 SD NOW.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 01:47 AM

2018 Super Duty Ordering Guide

Here's what I found.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ag32knir0z...Guide.pdf?dl=0

Ordering 2018 F350
'11 F350 6.7 4X4 CC LWB Lariat (sold)
2006 Titanium 25E30 DS Fifth Wheel
Crestliner 1850 Sportfish
'94 Bronco Eddie Bauer (sold)
'73 F250 4X4, sold after 17 years of great rides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 09:37 PM

When is the 2020 order Guide going to be available? June/July, 2019?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 12:39 PM

Any current knowledge on when the 2020 Super Duty Order Guide will be available?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 07:27 PM

Sometime in August I think.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 04:19 PM

August 14th is the first day to order a 2020.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 06:29 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (6)
The Order Guide should be out in July for dealers to use. I'm sure people will share the documents as soon as possible.

2015 F-350 CCLB PSD 4X4 3.55 ELD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some stock stuff, some modded stuff, some deleted stuff.....
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 01:08 PM

Has anyone heard if the dealers have the 2020 Order Guide yet?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 07:46 PM

Should be soon got a new 07 in September and ordered it sometime in July. Check the Ford site
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 09:12 PM

The 2020 Ordering Guide is now at dealers. I'll be ordering a 2020 soon. One change that caught my eye is the Stowable Bed Extender is no longer available for any 2020 Super Duty model. I have one in my 2017 F350 King Ranch and use it to contain loose items in the PU box all the time. I'll probably take the one out of my 2017 and bolt it into the new 2020 as I doubt the PU box will change between model years.
BTW, there are a lot of 2019 Super Duties at dealers so I doubt the dealers are in a rush to sell 2020 models they won't be able to get for a few months. Also, even though you can order a 2020 now, Ford has still not published the 2020 6.7L Diesel engine torque or horse power ratings.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM

Update to my own post: I mentioned I do now have the 2020 order book/guide. I had the dealer price out a fully optioned 2020 King Ranch diesel and a Limited which comes standard with the diesel engine. FYI, the KR MSRP was $84,815 and the invoice was $79,921. The Limited had an MSRP of $89,595 with an invoice price of $84,895. These numbers are in US $ and before sales tax or whatever taxes may apply to vehicle purchases in your state/province. You can ballpark the particular 2020 Super Duty flavor you're thinking about from those numbers...or just ask a dealer to run the numbers for you.

I was at the dealer today to pick up my SO's Explorer that was in for service. There's still plenty of 2019 Super Duty truck on the lot. I also took the chance to look at a couple of F150 Limiteds that were on the lot. I had seen a picture of the two-tone interior that will come in the Super Duty Limited and didn't care for it. Seeing substantially the same interior that will be in the 2020 Super Duty Limited in the F150 Limited reinforced my dislike for the two-tone leather look. Perhaps more subtle leather colors would seem more in keeping with the upscale image the Limited is supposed to project but dark brown and light tan/creamy colored leather seats don't work for me. As far as I known, you can't opt for solid color leather seats in the $90K 2020 Limited!! There is no choice...take the two-tone or take the two-tone! Think about what exterior color you want and whether it would resonate with brown and light tan, two tone seats. I was going to order Black as my exterior color. That just doesn't work. Incidentally, you can get the Lariat and KR in exterior two-tone paint but not the Limited...one more limitation of the $90K Limited. There is also a question the dealer never answered concerning the rear seat in the Limited crew cab. It appears the Limited only comes with rear bucket seats. If this is so and you can't specify a rear bench seat, you also loose the under seat, secure storage (and probably the ability to fold back the rear seat to create a flat rear floor space?) and now have a 4 passenger "crew cab"!!

I did see one feature on a 2019 Super Duty I saw today. It too appears to be not available on the 2020 Limited. The feature was Extended Running Boards. these boards extend rearward to just in front of the rear wheel well and allow easy access into the pick up rear box. I know the Limited and King Ranch have the powered running boards but why Ford doesn't provide the added utility on the extended length in the powered running boards is missing the boat. BTW, I now have about 56,000 miles on my 2017 F350 KR that has the powered running boards. over the last 2-3 months they have been working intermittently. A few time they didn't extend when I opened the drivers door to get out and I took a fall! The dealer "oiled/lubricated" them but it made not difference. It's going back to the dealer as the truck is under an extended warranty. Informally, one of the guys at the dealer told me they've had a fair number of issues with the powered running boards and noted that they seem to work well in mild climates but are finicky in climates like New England.

So I'm left not sure what to do. I would have ordered a 2020 Limited if the seat color was optional and I could specify black. it would be nice if they included extended, power running boards but that's not a major concern. I guess I wish someone from Ford would read these poss and figure what was Ford was thinking when they decided to sell a $90,000 pick up truck with very limited optionality that matters tom some who can afford to buy such a vehicle.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM

Oh, BTW, while I'm on my soapbox of commenting on the 2020 Limited: The F150 Limited I saw today had a center console with the shift lever down in the console, not on the column as the 2020 Super duty will have. It was very slick. So with the F150 becoming a look alike Super Duty why not copy that nice feature on the Super Duty. I'd gladly give up the loss of center console space the shift lever takes up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2017 & up Ford Super Duties > 2017 & up Ordering Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in