2020 Super Duty - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to D.J.
2020 Super Duty

The news about the new 2020 Super Duties is starting to come out of Detroit and I am wondering if there is someplace to find out specs and options. When can the new trucks be ordered etc. Pricing. Nothing has been announced but Ford engineers being interviewed by some youtube sites have said later this year. Anyone know particulars yet?
DJ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
01 F350 CC PSD Lariat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 04:57 PM

https://www.ford.com/trucks/super-duty/2020/

Click on the link above. Click on, "Get Updates", on the top right to get the info as soon as Ford announces anything.

2001 F350 XLT 4X4 crew cab, dual rear wheels, long bed, black, 7.3l turbo diesel, automatic transmission, 4.10, shift on the fly, running boards, sliding rear window, 38 gal fuel tank, Odyssey extreme 65-PC1750T batteries, Michelin LTX-MS2 rear tires, Sumitomo Encounter front tires, Shell Rotella Ultra elc, 11,500 gvwr, 20,000 gcwr, 7500 gvw, completely stock, 114,000 miles when purchased, now has 250,000 miles, repairs so far: two starters, batteries, cps, brakes, tires, alternator, ball joints, locking hub, wheel hub, AC compressor, serpentine belt, power steering pump, driver's side window, ignition switch, o-ring, Spectra premium radiator, water pump, fan clutch, fan blades, thermostat, thermostat housing, tensioner. Stolen twice so far, but recovered both times with major damage.

2005 Nomad Rampage toyhauler made by Skyline. 11,500lb gvwr.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 07:00 PM

My Photos: (3)
I can't help you there, but there are people around in-the-know!

I just watched the video from TFL for the 2020's:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=fNMVdAXn0Xo

I wish mine had the wireless charging...but I wonder how that works with Android Auto. I would also like to see how well the 10 spd and the 6.7 work together. That Limited interior :drool:

I do however dislike what they did with the grill. Looks way too much like F-150. They have been similar enough up until now, and then the grill also looks F150-ish. I don't believe it to be bad styling, but I just like there to be a distinct difference between the 1/2 and the super duty models.

I am anticipating towing, HP and Torque numbers...

2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
[old]2002 7.3L PSD, 6spd, 4x4 Off-Road, Super Cab, Short Bed, ARE Topper, SCMT Autometer gauges, Tymar, 4" SS aero-turbine exhaust, & WW.

'73 Bronco 351 SEFI, 35's & Locked!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_man View Post

I do however dislike what they did with the grill. Looks way too much like F-150. They have been similar enough up until now, and then the grill also looks F150-ish. I don't believe it to be bad styling, but I just like there to be a distinct difference between the 1/2 and the super duty models.
This is exactly what I said when I first saw it. Bigger maybe but just like the F-150. Good? Bad? Not sure yet. We'll see how it plays out.

Ed...KF5INW
2011 6.7L PSD XLT - Dead and gone
2019 6.7L PSD XLT - Still too new!
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS 5er
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 06:59 PM

My Photos: (1)
For years we have criticized new styling in these early release photos and videos but it never fails that the trucks impress once we see them for ourselves. Ford makes HUGE money on these trucks we love and they are not going to mess that up.
I do find it odd that Ford moved to have two different truck bodies and the other domestics did not 20 years back. Ford consolidated to one cab (for 2017 new SD line) and the other two have moved towards two different lines. The GM and RAM are not whole different trucks like 99 Super duty vs the current F150 were but they use more different body pieces.

I was also shocked to find that International now markets (or soon will) a GM 5500 or whatever they call their newly released Class 4, 5, 6 trucks with very little differences from the GM version. Duramax with Allison as the only powertrain. After the IH-Ford divorce International had a Class 5 truck with their updated 6.4 V8 but it apparently tanked pretty bad.

2015 F350 Platinum Max Tow What a beast with the 4.30 gears!
2006 F450 CC Hauler bed 4x2 6.0 L 6.0 auto, Lariat, 4.30 r/a, SCT, 4in exh. 103K New heads to repair diesel in coolant, 148K.
2006 F350 Lariat CC Dually 4X2, 6.0 auto 4.10 LS, SCT, airbags, 4 in. exh. 154K Rebuilt engine to repair damage from burned piston. One head to fix fuel in oil problem.
36 feet on the floor Elite/Outlaw LQ horse trailer.
35+5 foot double tandem axle flatbed trailer.
36 foot double tandem axle flatbed trailer
36 foot Platinum 6 horse LQ, side load, full width back tack
2003 EB Expedition 171K (no engine repairs, gas burners are the new longevity leaders)
2004 Volvo V70R AWD-high miler in fleet, 253K (no engine repairs) Hail totaled it but I kept it. Looks like a golf ball now.
Suzuki Carry KEI truck, 660cc 3 cyl DOHC EFI 4X4 5 speed RHD. Sort of a Smart Car sized pickup. Eats Gators and Mules for lunch.

Last edited by jimmy; 02-07-2019 at 09:33 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 09:00 PM

Thanks for the You Tube link on the 2020 Super Duty. My long waiting questions related to the 10 speed transmission for the Super Duty were answered and, of course, the diesel engine torque and horsepower ratings will climb for 2020...how much remains to be seen. I assume the ability to manually shift through the gears (via a switch on the shift column) will be retained.
My quick take on looking viewing the You Tube video is being somewhat surprised that there are essentially no changes of substance to the exterior or interior on the 2020 models over the 2017-2019 models. I was expecting something in addition to minor cosmetic adjustments to the grill, lights and tailgate areas. For example, I wish Ford would adopt the bed wall storage compartments that the Dodge Ram has had for sometime...a very slick feature. Instead the space over the wheel wells and forward is wasted. I always order the bed extender option so I understand the space from the rear of the wheel wells back isn't available for bed wall compartments. I assume building bed wall compartments into the bed walls would make the box stronger (more rigid), another benefit of such a feature. I was hoping the interior would at least expand the size of the screen...in a fashion similar to the increase GM and Ram have made to the screen size on their full size pick up trucks.
Oh well I can dream. I hope Ford product development eyes view this forum and take note of these ideas for future models. I have a fully loaded 2017 F350 King Ranch which had an MSRP of slightly over $80K. I plan to buy a 2020 fully loaded F350 King Ranch when they become available in the Fall. I'm expecting the MSRP to be up to about $85K+ by then. At that price point, Ford could have done more in the last three years than simply increase the number of transmission speeds and tweek the engine for a bit more power.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
For years we have criticized new styling in these early release photos and videos but it never fails that the trucks impress once we see them for ourselves. Ford makes HUGE money on these trucks we love and they are not going to mess that up.
I do find it odd that Ford moved to have two different truck bodies and the other domestics did not 20 years back. Ford consolidated to one cab (for 2017 new SD line) and the other two have moved towards two different lines. The GM and RAM are not whole different trucks like 99 Super duty vs the current F150 were but they use more different body pieces.

I was also shocked to find that International now markets (or soon will) a GM 5500 or whatever they call their newly released Class 4, 5, 6 trucks with very little differences from the GM version. Duramax with Allison as the only powertrain. After the IH-Ford divorce International had a Class 5 truck with their updated 6.4 V8 but it apparently tanked pretty bad.

The GM truck that International is building for GM is a cab and chassis only, no factory bed available on these models 4500,5500 and 6500. International is also selling these truck as International CV's. These trucks are built on International designed chassis and have GM cabs, engines and transmissions. The class 5 International TeraStar was a top seller, only demise was International chose to quit building the 6.4 that went into that unit, so the TeraStar went away.

2015 F450 CC DRW, Lariat Ultimate, Bronze Fire & Caribou
2012 KTM 500 XC-W
2009 INFERNO 3912 Toyhauler 43'
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 05:39 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (6)
Quote:
I was expecting something in addition to minor cosmetic adjustments to the grill, lights and tailgate areas.
Is the new lights, grille, and front bumper that hard to miss??

2015 F-350 CCLB PSD 4X4 3.55 ELD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some stock stuff, some modded stuff, some deleted stuff.....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 09:00 AM

My Photos: (1)
The Terrastars are non-existent in the DFW area. I have seen very few. Have yet to see a rollback wrecker on that platform. The very few I have ever seen were usually municipal vehicles. That is why I said they tanked. I guess they sold somewhere but I think if the sales pace was good they would have remained in production with 6.7 Cummins power they offer in school buses.

2015 F350 Platinum Max Tow What a beast with the 4.30 gears!
2006 F450 CC Hauler bed 4x2 6.0 L 6.0 auto, Lariat, 4.30 r/a, SCT, 4in exh. 103K New heads to repair diesel in coolant, 148K.
2006 F350 Lariat CC Dually 4X2, 6.0 auto 4.10 LS, SCT, airbags, 4 in. exh. 154K Rebuilt engine to repair damage from burned piston. One head to fix fuel in oil problem.
36 feet on the floor Elite/Outlaw LQ horse trailer.
35+5 foot double tandem axle flatbed trailer.
36 foot double tandem axle flatbed trailer
36 foot Platinum 6 horse LQ, side load, full width back tack
2003 EB Expedition 171K (no engine repairs, gas burners are the new longevity leaders)
2004 Volvo V70R AWD-high miler in fleet, 253K (no engine repairs) Hail totaled it but I kept it. Looks like a golf ball now.
Suzuki Carry KEI truck, 660cc 3 cyl DOHC EFI 4X4 5 speed RHD. Sort of a Smart Car sized pickup. Eats Gators and Mules for lunch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2017 & up Ford Super Duties > 2017 & up Ordering Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in