Ordered My First Diesel In 17 years - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ordered My First Diesel In 17 years

Jumping over from an 02 Excursion with V10. Ordered my first diesel since my 97 F-350. Pulled the trigger and ordered a 2018 F-350 4x4 CC LWB 6.7. XLT Magnetic Color. Now let the waiting begin .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 11:49 AM

My Photos: (3)
Wow, what a difference that will be for you! Welcome to the turbo-charged diesel addiction! The wait will be worth it! My '17 was the first vehicle I've ever ordered and it was so nice not to have to sacrifice on something. I hope I can keep her around for a LONG time!

2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
[old]2002 7.3L PSD, 6spd, 4x4 Off-Road, Super Cab, Short Bed, ARE Topper, SCMT Autometer gauges, Tymar, 4" SS aero-turbine exhaust, & WW.

'73 Bronco 351 SEFI, 35's & Locked!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

I actually worded my post wrong. The 97 was my only other diesel I will have ever owned. This is the first vehicle I have ever ordered. Truly great knowing I am getting everything I wanted in the truck and nothing that I didn't. I'm over doubling the torque from my V10 so I absolutely can't wait to hook my 37' 10,700# travel trailer to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 02:57 PM

So you were pulling the trailer with the Excursion? Even if you were using the '97, it will be a night/day difference!

2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
[old]2002 7.3L PSD, 6spd, 4x4 Off-Road, Super Cab, Short Bed, ARE Topper, SCMT Autometer gauges, Tymar, 4" SS aero-turbine exhaust, & WW.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

Yes I was pulling our travel trailer with it. The Ex has 4.56 gears, a 5-star tune with intake and exhaust, rear sway bar etc.. Pretty much all the upgrades I could do for towing to it. I could run 70 mph in OD all day long with it...well unless I hit a big hill that is . It's been a great truck, but at 173,000 miles, it's showing it's age and with several 1,000+ mile trips planned it's time for something new and seriously upgraded
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 08:54 AM

I can't say as I have a direct comparison to the V10, but I had a buddy who owned one in an F250. And we'd pull our offroad rigs to trails around TX. He, pulling a substantially heavier load with a long gooseneck trailer (probably around 10k) and I was pulling around 7k with my slightly modded 7.3L. Anyway, in the hill country, I had to give him a mile gap ahead because I'd always catch him on the uphills otherwise. I think we did that for two years, then he bought himself a cummins. The V10s are good engines, but a diesel is really the right tool for the towing job. Your truck will arrive before you know it!

2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2017 & up Ford Super Duties > 2017 & up Ordering Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in