Ordering A '2019 Lariat - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ordering A '2019 Lariat

Hi Everyone
Im new here and in the process of buying/ordering a new F250 Lariat Crew Cab. It will primarily be used for towing our 30 ft., 8K lbs 5th whl. The 8 K figure is scale weight as it rolls down the road. Occasionally I have to do this alone which I find challenging, particularly the backing up. I am seeking the best possible combination of features to tow with. I am trying to contain costs (what a joke at Ford) as the base price explodes as you add towing features. My current ideas include:

Tow Technology Bundle
Blind Spot Information System
Adaptive Steering
Adaptive Cruise Control
5th Wheel Package
Rear CHMSL Camera
Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System
Customer Placed Camera System
Lariat Ultimate Package
Spray in bed Liner (order or Aftermarket?)
Power running Boards (my wife is short)

Chrome package???
Suggestions and Comments are Welcomed
Regards and Thanks
Bill

Last edited by Billres1; 07-12-2018 at 03:01 PM. Reason: font too large
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 06:23 PM

I've read the factory spray in liners aren't that durable. I have no experience with factory ir aftermarket spray in liners.

2018 F350 SRW CC XLT 4X4 Short Bed Oxford White
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 06:25 PM

I just picked up a new 2018 F350 SRW xlt premium package chrome packge towing package plow package for $55090

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 07:01 PM

New truck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180627_192140_1531958428578.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	124835  

jetboatrich likes this.

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 03:53 AM

I did not see a 2019 order guide posted. They dont do that any more?

2016 F150 Lariat - Ruby Red.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 08:46 AM

My spray in bed liner is outstanding from the factory so i would get that.

Adaptive cruise and steering not worth a crap. I would steer clear of both of them.

The towing package is a must if you are going to tow with it.

If you already have a hitch than it might not fit the factory puck system offered by Ford.

The power running boards are $1,000 or more just so you know. Mine had them from the factory but they are not power. My wife is short and no problem.

I don't have the ultimate package because I didn't want the sunroof.

I did however get the heated and cooled seats I wish I had the heated steering wheel but at the same time I would love it to cool as well. But you can't have everything LOL

Not sure about the camera systems. My truck doesn't have all those gadgets. I have a 34' 5th wheel and it is a challenge to back it up but with a little practice it will become easier.
Not sure those camera systems are made for that large of rig.

You will need the diesel so put your money there. Sure the Gasser will do the job but the fuel millage will suck. Everyone will tell you to change the gearing and do all this stuff to your truck but it's a waste of money. Buy what you need the first time so you don't have to open your wallet on the back end.
I have a 15 6.7 and it has been great right out of the box. No need to delete, tune, change gear ratio. Those things are a waste of money. I have 30,000 miles towing without any issues. I also have the 4x4 with a 3.31 gear ratio. Truck pulls like a ox.

Last edited by Stroking it; 01-12-2019 at 08:49 AM.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 09:44 PM

Stroking It really pretty much nailed it. I do have all the cameras except the customer placed camera. I would like to get that to see if it really does help when backing in my 30' 5th wheel. I have not parked with mine hooked up yet, but will soon. I am unsure if all the camera looks will help. I do know that the CHMSL camera is great. I have a folding hard cover, and it blocks my view when backing up to my kingpin. That camera is definitely worth it.

If the package did not include the power running boards, I would not get them. I have the regular chrome running boards, and my wife has no problem getting in. The power is just a nice feature to tuck them up when not using them. But certainly not a necessity.

Good luck, and better luck getting a decent price. These things are crazy expensive.

Ed...KF5INW
2011 6.7L PSD XLT - Dead and gone
2019 6.7L PSD XLT - Still too new!
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS 5er
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 06:48 AM

We got the Ultimate Package because we wanted the LED headlights.

The power running boards are way too good to pass up. Absolutely love them. They're one of the options we got that we are quite happy with and would purchase again. We like them so much that we also bought them for the wife's 2018 F150.

Also, I usually eschew added technology. That's why I didn't add the adaptive cruise. That said, the ultimate package comes with automatic dimming headlights. I'm beyond impressed by the ability to detect oncoming vehicles and automatically dim the headlights before I can even think of doing it. And it's uncanny how accurately it can pick out vehicles as opposed to streetlights.

Yes, the Ultimate Package comes the sunroof, which I didn't want but my wife did. But the package comes with so many other options that I do like. I would definitely recommend it. If you're going to keep your vehicle more than a few years you'll find it worth the money.

Last edited by Phillippeterson; 01-14-2019 at 07:37 AM. Reason: added info
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 08:21 AM

Lariat

Im looking at a new truck also, but have a couple of questions: I think the W2B code is for the eight foot bed? Correct?
Id sure like to get a copy of the 2019 order guide if it is available. I need the codes for the 5.5 & 6.5 beds.

2016 F150 Lariat - Ruby Red.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 11:53 AM

You should be able to find a order guide here. https://shop.ford.com/build/superdut...hooseyourpath/ Go through the build and price.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron F. Ruble View Post
Im looking at a new truck also, but have a couple of questions: I think the W2B code is for the eight foot bed? Correct?
Id sure like to get a copy of the 2019 order guide if it is available. I need the codes for the 5.5 & 6.5 beds.
No such thing as a 5.5' bed on a SuperDuty. Only 6.5 (actually about 6.75') and 8'.

Ed...KF5INW
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS 5er
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 07:06 PM

For pulling a 5th wheel I recommend getting a SRW F350 instead of a 250 if you go diesel. The 6.7 weighs a lot and you may find you dont have enough payload left for your pin weight if you get the 250.

Also, IIRC the BLIS system doesnt work when hitched to a 5th. So dont count on that watching your trailer blind spot for you when changing lanes.
HeavyAssault likes this.

'19 F-350 CCLB Lariat SRW Fx4 PSD
Ordered 2-Oct-18 arrived at dealer 20-Nov-19
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 07:57 PM

It depends on the size and weight of the 5th wheel. His, according to him is only 8K (which seems very very light for a 30' 5W!!). Mine is around 11K as we travel, and has never been an issue with any of my trucks. But yeah, if you go bigger, it's only common sense (well, should be common sense). If you can get an F-350, it sure wouldn't hurt anything.
HeavyAssault likes this.

Ed...KF5INW
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS 5er
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billres1 View Post
Hi Everyone
I’m new here and in the process of buying/ordering a new F250 Lariat Crew Cab. It will primarily be used for towing our 30 ft., 8K lbs 5th whl. The 8 K figure is scale weight as it rolls down the road.
8k does sound very light for a 30' 5th. I'm wondering if that's the scale weight of the trailer axles which would put about 2000# on the pin. Even if the total trailer weight was only 8k he'd have about 1600# of pin weight.

My SRW F-350 has a labeled cargo capacity of 3274#. A similarly equipped F-250 would be limited to 1,774# by the sticker. If you take off the pin and hitch weight that doesn't leave much room for driver, passenger, and other cargo you might want to carry in the truck. Of course you could ignore the GVWR and look only at the RAWR and might be able to carry a bit more. I don't know what the RAWR difference is between a F-250 and F-350.

Of course if he gets a 2WD truck with the gas engine he will probably be fine for cargo capacity. He didn't indicate an engine or drive preference in the opening post. (But this is a diesel forum...)

Oops! Never mind. I just saw how old the OP was and found that he ordered a F-350 last summer.

'19 F-350 CCLB Lariat SRW Fx4 PSD
Ordered 2-Oct-18 arrived at dealer 20-Nov-19

Last edited by Sport45; 01-15-2019 at 01:53 PM.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 04:48 PM

My Photos: (3)
I was persuaded away from the factory liner by this board and went Line-X. I saw a video online where someone peeled off a factory lined truck and it was fairly easy and only 1/2 as think as line-x. I think Line-X is about the same price too, but you will have to get that quoted locally.

I happen to like the Adaptive Cruise and the adaptive steering although both require some driver retraining to get the most from them. It's just nice to be able to keep up with traffic and not have to continually adjust your speed. The only downside is when you aren't paying attention to your speeds and realize you have been following slower traffic for a few miles. The adaptive steering is nice in parking lots and for backing up trailers.

My BLIS works with my trailer and am thankful it does.

I also like the power running boards because the truck looks very clean with them up, but pop down when you need them. I added an LED strip to light mine.

Budget and NEW are mutually exclusive at any of the big three anymore.

2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
[old]2002 7.3L PSD, 6spd, 4x4 Off-Road, Super Cab, Short Bed, ARE Topper, SCMT Autometer gauges, Tymar, 4" SS aero-turbine exhaust, & WW.

'73 Bronco 351 SEFI, 35's & Locked!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2017 & up Ford Super Duties > 2017 & up Ordering Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in