Join Date: Jan 2009
My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
|6.4L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.4L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2008-Up Super Duty trucks. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.4L Power Stroke engine.|
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
1. New radiator - Not sure on Motorcraft or aftermarket... motorcraft is 200 more than the highest priced aftermarket I can find on Rockauto.... worth it?
2. New thermostat - Motorcraft?
3. Coolant filtration - Dieselsite seems to be the best option here
4. EGR cooler removal with blockoff plates and coolant hose re-route/simplify - Who has a good kit with the plates and all the T's and pieces I would need to clean up the coolant lines?
5. Drain and flush as much as possible, and refill with EC-1 rated ELC
6. Drain and replace fuel rail coolant - I literally just found out that this existed the other day (don't poke too much fun, I came from the 7.3 world)
7. Replace (or clean?) degas bottleAny input on my plan? Is there anything else I should do while the coolant is all out? I absolutely hate dealing with cooling systems, so I want to get it all done now so I don't have to touch it for a long time.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|