Special Request-Spare Tire Tool - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Items Wanted Post here about specific items you are looking for. Must be Ford diesel related! No commercial ads of any type are allowed!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Special Request-Spare Tire Tool

I am missing the spare tire tool with the socket on the end and square slot in middle. My truck came with the two rods that snap into one. But I am missing the spare tire wrench which functions as a lugnut wrench and crank handle to lower and raise spare tire, and has a flat blade on the other end.

See here:

I don't want to pay $100 for a stock kit from the salvage yard. I am hoping someone can spare one and ship it to me at minimal cost so I don't get stranded with a flat tire. I need this tool, thanks. Would deeply appreciate it if someone had access to one that they don't need or had one laying around.

Last edited by klhansen; 10-10-2018 at 01:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 09:37 PM

My Photos: (8)
One you get the tire down you can pop that security key out with a screwdriver and just use the rods without the key. Do a search and lots of u-tube stuff on how to do it. If you can find another ford guy next door grab his key for 5 min and the job will be done. I think I tossed my key out, I will look and get back to you if I find it.
DENNY

1999 F350 AUTO 4x4 CC LB DRW 4.10
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNY View Post
One you get the tire down you can pop that security key out with a screwdriver and just use the rods without the key. Do a search and lots of u-tube stuff on how to do it. If you can find another ford guy next door grab his key for 5 min and the job will be done. I think I tossed my key out, I will look and get back to you if I find it.
DENNY

I think I have you confused, this is what I am looking for marked with a red "X" I have the two snap rods under the hood.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 11:07 AM

My Photos: (8)
Yep, I read the post too fast. Sorry.
DENNY

1999 F350 AUTO 4x4 CC LB DRW 4.10
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 03:57 PM

Denny

That is good idea. I lost my key and needed to get the spare down. So I wanted to check just how secure it was anyway. I took a broom handle, a hack saw and duck tape and got the tire down in 15 seconds by reaching with the broom handle saw and cut the small cable. So much for secure. When I replaced the winch assembly I took the security fitting out and just put a chain and lock through the spare around the frame with the tire winched up. Little more secure than it was.

2002 F250 7.3L PSD, bought new now at 226K miles, 4R100 Auto, Crew Cab, Short Bed, ITP Regulated Fuel Return system, ITP head to head SS oil cross over, Hutch in tank mod
Harpoon de tank vent, DIESELSITE Dahl 100 Pre-Pump Fuel Filter, DIESELSITE Return Fuel Line Cooler, DIESELSITE Engine Coolant Filter, DIESELSITE Auxilliary Transmission Cooler, DIESELSITE Gage Package, Pyro, Trans & Boost, Extreme Diesel AD injectors, Ford AIS Air Filter System, BTM straight through muffler, Moog Ball Joints, Rancho Shocks, Rotella ELC Coolant ,Stock Engine Program
Modified for I-Pod Connection
We b playing Scotland The Brave to Jimmy Hendrix
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 04:01 PM

This will work

Get an 8 point socket that fits the square male fitting end and use a socket speed handle to raise or lower the tire winch.

2002 F250 7.3L PSD, bought new now at 226K miles, 4R100 Auto, Crew Cab, Short Bed, ITP Regulated Fuel Return system, ITP head to head SS oil cross over, Hutch in tank mod
Harpoon de tank vent, DIESELSITE Dahl 100 Pre-Pump Fuel Filter, DIESELSITE Return Fuel Line Cooler, DIESELSITE Engine Coolant Filter, DIESELSITE Auxilliary Transmission Cooler, DIESELSITE Gage Package, Pyro, Trans & Boost, Extreme Diesel AD injectors, Ford AIS Air Filter System, BTM straight through muffler, Moog Ball Joints, Rancho Shocks, Rotella ELC Coolant ,Stock Engine Program
Modified for I-Pod Connection
We b playing Scotland The Brave to Jimmy Hendrix
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneof6 View Post
Get an 8 point socket that fits the square male fitting end and use a socket speed handle to raise or lower the tire winch.
I'd rather have the tool especially if I was reselling the truck, just like batteries are included. I prefer the original to Dorman junk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Classified Ads - Ford Diesel Related > Items Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

« Please read! | - »