BANKS SixGun and IQ issues? - Page 6 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
6.4L Upgrades and Aftermarket - Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2008-Up Super Duty truck with 6.4L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.4L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 07:05 PM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking for updated info

I know this is an old thread... I am currently having these issues with my IQ. Has anyone confirmed that the flash worked? I have the A5 power button on top. I don't know much about this tuner. I bought my truck last april and it was already installed on it. I also seen mention on the 6.4 PSD, I have a 6.0... Any help would be much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 01:34 AM

Garage
So far, I have bought 2 of the Banks Systems for vehicles that I own and have found them to be steadfast at standing behind their products with support and advice where needed.

My first Banks product was a complete intake and exhaust system for my 98 Fleetwood Motor-home, which was a very easy install and has worked great ever since.

I also bought the complete Banks Big Hoss Bundle with dual exhaust, for my 2008 F350 Super Duty, Super Cab, DRW, 4x4 back in Feb 2011.
I have already installed the Cold Air kit and the Inter-cooler but due to things such as working overseas,,,, an issue with the original exhaust on my truck,,,, and other thing in my life,,,, the truck has sat and I have not finished the install of the whole package yet, (I know, lazy, LOL).
Anyway, my IQ 2.0 has the button on the top and I have also done an update in I believe 2012 to the IQ 2.0 but it has never been hooked up, so I hope it is all good.
I ran into issue with the exhaust because when I bought the truck, it had a modified exhaust and they had removed the CAT/DPF and replaced it with a welded in, home made section of pipe.
As evidenced by my new membership on this forum, I am now getting back to showing an interest in finishing my truck and will be actively getting what I need to finish the exhaust install as well as then installing the Six Gun and IQ 2.0 install.
My truck has run just fine with just the Cold Air kit and inter-cooler but I did not pay all that money just to let the rest of the bundle sit on a shelf in my garage.

After reading all of these responses, I sure hope that mine was "post problem" manufactured.

I am not sure which generation my IQ 2.0 is but the information on the back of the unit is as follows:
UIC code: 61162A2012032900261,
Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Core,
00039-531-243,
X13-12066.

I also got the portable stereo speaker with the bundle, not sure if that means anything, LOL.

Jeff, if you read this and could enlighten me on if my equipment is good to go or not, I would appreciate it, Thanks...

Last edited by CrazyDane69; 05-02-2018 at 01:44 AM.
post #78 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 06:54 PM

I recently purchased the Banks Six-Gun Tuner and iQ 2.0 (about 6 months ago) and I saw the first crash (Application error) during the first week it was installed. It's a daily routine to restart my iQ in order for it function. As my day to day job is an IT Consultant, my opinion on the freezing is related to the version of Microsoft Windows CE that the iQ App is running on. Windows Embedded CE 6.0 was released by Microsoft November of 2006. Really Banks? That's really out-of-date. Hey, maybe you could use some IT Consulting help getting a stable Operating System to run your iQ App on. I may know somebody

Hello Banks, I hope you’re paying attention here.

If you are running a Windows CE or Windows Embedded Handheld today, these are the dates to be aware of:

June 10, 2018 - Windows Embedded CE 6.0 will be End of Life
June 9, 2019 - Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld will be End of Life
January 14, 2020 - Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 will be End of Life
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #79 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 03:50 PM

My Photos: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhall1975 View Post
I recently purchased the Banks Six-Gun Tuner and iQ 2.0 (about 6 months ago) and I saw the first crash (Application error) during the first week it was installed. It's a daily routine to restart my iQ in order for it function. As my day to day job is an IT Consultant, my opinion on the freezing is related to the version of Microsoft Windows CE that the iQ App is running on. Windows Embedded CE 6.0 was released by Microsoft November of 2006. Really Banks? That's really out-of-date. Hey, maybe you could use some IT Consulting help getting a stable Operating System to run your iQ App on. I may know somebody

Hello Banks, I hope you’re paying attention here.

If you are running a Windows CE or Windows Embedded Handheld today, these are the dates to be aware of:

June 10, 2018 - Windows Embedded CE 6.0 will be End of Life
June 9, 2019 - Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld will be End of Life
January 14, 2020 - Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 will be End of Life

Maybe this is why Banks no longer supports IQ update files..!? ***...BANKS! I went from the Power PDA (BEST IMO), to the Banks IQ (Button on top) and 3 6 gun units on my truck..! I'm done with there trash! Only reason i'm looking into this thread is because I bought another 05 6.0 that came with the 6 gun and IQ installed. The currently installed IQ has issues and software version is different from my IQ that was previously from my other truck which works fine just does not have the speed brake installed on it.. Trying to find software for this is a joke.. Looks like I'll be installing another SCT on this truck if I can't get this IQ to work properly...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190323_154227.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	2.47 MB
ID:	126934  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190323_154345.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	126936  

DL

Harley Davidson F-350
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

INTERIOR:Harley trim package with Captain chairs front and rear with center console's. AUDIO:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kenwood Excellon DNN992 HU, Kenwood Excellon 4way 5x7 in front & 6x9's boxed behind rear headrests powered by a Pioneer600 4ch amp
SUB: JL AUDIO W5 thin line in a custom box behind rear center console, powered by a Kenwood1000 Mono amp.
ENGINE: Mishimoto Intercooler Pipes & boots. Sinister Diesel Coolant filter kit. K&N Air Box & filter. FICM bullet proofed. SCTX4
SUSPENSION: All MOOG front end joints and bushings, Spicer U-joints, Timken Hubs . RanchoRS5's in front and rear. Skyjacker leaf springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 6.4L Upgrades and Aftermarket - Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in