Hard/No Start? Check here first. - Page 6 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain FAQ Frequently asked questions in the '99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (180)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: Hard/No Start? Check here first.

[ QUOTE ]
IM HAVING THE GPR PROBLEM AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN VERIFY WHAT THE STEALERSHIP JUST TOLD ME WAS ACCURATE....HE SAID MY TRUCK TAKES THE MORE EXPENSIVE SOLID STATE UNIT (03/2000 BUILD DATE) OR IF THE NAPA GPR 110 WILL WORK FOR ME...THANX IN ADVANCE [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have 2 relays behind the fuel filter, then the GPR 110 or GPR 109 (much cheaper will work).

If you have only 1 relay and an aluminum box with cooling fins on it, then you have a Glow Plug Controller and will need to buy that, if it's truly the controller gone bad.

I think that the Excursions had the GP Controller instead of a GPR.

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
), AIS,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
regulated return,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 04:13 PM

My Photos: (11)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IM HAVING THE GPR PROBLEM AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN VERIFY WHAT THE STEALERSHIP JUST TOLD ME WAS ACCURATE....HE SAID MY TRUCK TAKES THE MORE EXPENSIVE SOLID STATE UNIT (03/2000 BUILD DATE) OR IF THE NAPA GPR 110 WILL WORK FOR ME...THANX IN ADVANCE [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have 2 relays behind the fuel filter, then the GPR 110 or GPR 109 (much cheaper will work).

If you have only 1 relay and an aluminum box with cooling fins on it, then you have a Glow Plug Controller and will need to buy that, if it's truly the controller gone bad.

I think that the Excursions had the GP Controller instead of a GPR.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has a 2000 X just like Jeff did in <font color="red"> THIS THREAD</font>. I think those with the GPC were some Ca vehicles and some X's, but maybe not all. About the only way to tell is to actually look ... heck, we might even have the second confirmed sighting of a GPR "buss bar" in the wild ... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

At any rate he might want to read thru that thread [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Larry

2001PSD(PCM:HPI2)SD E-350,Dk Emerald Grn,4.10LS, <font color="blue">Mustang dyno - 183.9/400.4 stock</font>
, BTS w/Schaeffer's ATF
, ITP 3.5"/4" exhaust w/Magnaflow & Aeroturbine,Dieselsite 203* T-stat/Zerex G-05,F.Pwr, Ext/Int. Upgd. pkg,R. Bds,AIC,Tow Pkg, Rear & Slider windows,<font color="red">AMSOIL air, oil-bypass & rear end 75w-140 fluid ,<font color="blue">3/8" fuel sys w/10 Dieselsite DAHL100 & fuel manifold/sight glass</font>,6 way dr. pwr. seat, Magnefine trans/P.S. filters</font>, husky mats,<font color="red">5 gauge A-pillar ISSPRO EVs w/Grn mkr illum. + air & fuel restriction gauges</font>,Dieselsite coolant filter and zinc electrode, manual GPR switch & GP LED, blinking security LED, weathertechs, a few other "Gadgets"
, & a 1981 26' Prowler TT(26Y)
post #78 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 10:30 AM

My Photos: (1)

thanx guys for the input i did look and it has the one relay in front and the metal box with the fins behind so im assuming i have the module

2001 excursion limited black w tan
2008 center console
ts 7 switch chip
4" turbo back
7"superlift
20" ultra goliath 20x9
nitto terra grapplers 355/60/20
viper 7601 alarm remote start w smart start

SOLD.......
2008 xlt crew 6.4 4x4 silver 17x9 kmc spy wheels black 315/70/17 bfg tko
clearshiled paint protection
3m tint 20% fronts 5% over factory rear
uriah products rapid hitch
pionner avicz2 ipod control xm navtraffic
2 pioneer tssw1241d subs custom box around rear seat belt
rockford bd100 amp
edge insight
hid headlights (foglights next)
putco smoked led mirror lights
stay tuned!!more to come soon

87 mustang notchback new 391 cu in stroker dart block jegs/kasse heads turbos or big nos undecided??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #79 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (180)

I'm going to lock this thread, because it's getting pretty cumbersome.

If you read the info in here and still have a problem, please make a new post, and we'll address your specific problem.

For next season, I'm planning on consolidating the info here in a new, revised FAQ type post.

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
), AIS,
regulated return,

post #80 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 12:46 PM

My Photos: (0)
Smile Thx

Thx for sharing your wisdom. Money is tight and we appreciate you sharing your money saving wisdom to those of us that mechanically inclined, and dollar short. This has been a real life saver for me, Thx again.

Powestroke Mike 199 f250sd
post #81 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlemerise View Post
Here is a pdf I put together of glow plugs/gpr and the troubleshooting of them...hope this helps someone.
Unfortunately I can't include a copy of the defunct link from quoted post because I'm new here. Does anyone have a copy of the GPR Troubleshooting PDF nlemerise put together a decade ago? The link is no longer functional - instead cross links to an iDrive website requiring you to register, then only will back up your own system - it's not a file sharing site.

Thanks!
Garth
post #82 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 10:37 PM

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1994 F350 7.3 PSD 4X4 ZF5 DUALLY
PHP HYDRA, 6637, 3-4 DP TO STRAIGHT 4 BEHIND THE TIRE, 1.0 EXHAUST HOUSING, DIY D66 TURBO, FUGA E-FUEL, EBPV DELETE. Cooper discoverer AT/3'S.

2010 VW JETTA TDI DSG Kerma tune. Hankook ventus v2 concept 2.

Last edited by klhansen; 04-26-2018 at 12:30 AM.
post #83 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 02:02 AM

Thanks a lot for giving everyone such a memorable opportunity to check tips from this website.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain > '99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain FAQ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in