2008 F350 heated seats wiring question - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
2008- 2010 General Questions General questions related to 2008-Up Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-05-2014, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2008 F350 heated seats wiring question

Got an f350 xlt the did NOT come with heated seats - got a newer front bezel WITH the heated seats buttons- pulled my seats, found a 4 pin socket with black,red,blue,black with some stripes, but this comes up under the center bench and is by the air bag brain....they show 2 hots and two supossed grounds...only work with truck started....
Are these:
the power seats?
the heated seats?

when i hit the switches on the dash- they turn on - where do they go? is there a certain color I am looking for in the harness under the seat?

Like I said, I do NOT currently have heated seats, I plan to run my own heating elements and hope to old work them into the factory set up.

Any direction would be appriciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-05-2014, 08:00 PM

Not an expert and just reading this from a wiring diagram. If the hot wires are Blue with Red Stripe and a Red with no stripe, I’d assume that this plug feds the Console PowerPoint’s front and rear (Fuses F43 and F41). I’d also assume that you don’t have a console. But they should be hot all the time?

The new switches on the dash should turn on; their outputs are wired to the SJB to energise two separate seat heater relays. Don’t know if the SJB has to have to be re-programmed. Don’t know if the relays or fuses are there? Hot wires from the seat heater’s relay to feed the driver’s side should be Yellow/Blue and the passenger side should be yellow/Red.

Sorry I can’t help you more…Good Luck
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

So I need something beyond this plug in the center seat section..does anyone have a link to where I need to look for these parts if in deed I need something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

After giving it some thought - I could possibly find the energizing wires leading from the heated seat buttons on the climate bezel and route them under the front seats thus using them to opperate the switched side to a relay and use the power point under the front seats to power the heated seats? sounds like a lot of work, but should work?

Blessings

Hmedic

2008 Ford F350 Super Duty XLT crew cab 4x4
6.4 rebuild
.30 ford pistons
EGR Delete
DPF Delete
H&S Mini Max
added:
10,000 lb air bags with compressor
Square S double Din DVD
Kenwood 800 watt amp
Punch 10 - in factory box
2000 watt inverter
Air Train - horns
factory fog lights
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 03:06 PM

I responded to your other thread. The new climate controls you added send a digital signal to the SJB. You have to be careful some of the inputs to and output from the SJB can only handle miliamps. The modules have over current protection that will temporary shut it down and have to be reset, or it can disable an output permanently to where you have to replace the module (SJB).

The wires for my power and heated seats ran from the Smart Junction Box (SJB) along the door sill side of the seats. Not to confuse you but on the 2013's the SJB is now called a Body Control Module (BCM). It would be in your best interest to get wiring diagrams.

Last edited by MPD56; 02-09-2014 at 07:43 PM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

I am hoping to dive into this more this week and do think I will try to get some wiring specs...but will keep an update of my progress...if my thoughts work...it might be a way to add heated seats or replace broken seat elements...

Blessings

Hmedic

6.4 rebuild
.30 ford pistons
EGR Delete
DPF Delete
H&S Mini Max
added:
Square S double Din DVD
Kenwood 800 watt amp
2000 watt inverter
Air Train - horns
factory fog lights
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 10:52 AM

the centre harness is for console power points you might have other plugs buried under the carpet one for drivers seat and one for passenger side

you will more than likely have to pull the carpet to check

they might be plug and play

if you pull your drivers or passenger seat and look at the bottom of the seat look to see if there are 2 sets of 2 wires attached to the middle of the bottom frame if so then the heat pads are in the seat

2010 F350 FX4 CCLB Sterling Grey
11 and up console upgrade
2 1/2 leveling kit

1997 tourmaline green F350 CCLB 4x4 5 speed 08 Bucket Console upgrade (Sold)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Ranzan; 02-10-2014 at 10:55 AM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 11:09 PM
D60

Updates? One of the things I have to do is get heated seats so the wife hates my '08 a bit less. Help a marriage out!!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2014, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

OK GOT IT!
Here is what I ended up doing. on the wiring harness on the factory heated seats switches there are two wires that will light up with a multi meter at @ 5.5 mv when you hit the switch. find these and run them to the back os the truck under the sets you intend to heat. INstall your heated seats and leave the leads under the seats, I did not use an
y of the factory plugs, I direct wired them to the system. You will need a hot coming to power the seats, I used a lead from the upfitter for my personal selection.

The whole problem with the set up is that u need a way to use the milivolt switch to power a 12 volt system...here is the part you need to order to make all of it work,

Elk 9244 Sensitive Relay Module 12/24 Volt 4-Pack

u will only need two and you will install according to example 3 in the instructions.

let me know if you have questions

Blessings

Hmedic

6.4 rebuild
.30 ford pistons
EGR Delete
DPF Delete
H&S Mini Max
added:
Square S double Din DVD
Kenwood 800 watt amp
2000 watt inverter
Air Train - horns
factory fog lights
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 10:00 AM

did you buy new seats? or did you install heating pads

2010 F350 FX4 CCLB Sterling Grey
11 and up console upgrade
2 1/2 leveling kit

1997 tourmaline green F350 CCLB 4x4 5 speed 08 Bucket Console upgrade (Sold)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

I have cloth xlt seats and bought the 2 piece pads that go under the fabric or leather if that were the case.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 11:19 AM

bumping an old thread... I also have a 2008 XLT with manual seats/analog heat controls. I bought a set of power/heated seats out of a 2008 lariat. I manually wired up the power seats already so they work. Now i'm trying to make the heat work. Anyone have any input? The seller also gave me the center bezel with an automatic climate control and heated seat controls. I'm not sure if the automatic climate control will work in my truck, I read that it needs more sensors than what my truck has. I was thinking about just getting aftermarket heated seat control buttons and wiring up the heat manually. I just don't know which wires in the seats are for heat...

here are the aftermarket switches I'm thinking about using

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008- 2010 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in