The Diesel Stop banner

Fuses for upfitter switches?

55K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  slide9595 
#1 ·
Quick question.. I have my train horn wired to my #1 upfitter switch, and until today worked fine. The indicator light on the switch itself lights when activated but would it light if the fuse is blown? And where are the fuses for the switches? My truck is an 08 F450, thanks again guys!:ford:

#2 ·
come on guys i know this is probably a stupid question, but not sure that the fuse would be blown on the upfitter switch if the indicator on the switch handle lights! please help

#3 ·
Come on dude! This is a forum, not tech support.

The fuse that powers the lights in the switches is independent of the fuses that protect the circuits the switches control. If all of the switches light up that indicates that the switches are working properly.

Assuming that his truck is a 2009 (2008-20010 are likely the same) the two 30 amp fuse for switches #1 and #2 are in the power distribution box under the hood. The fuses for switches #3 and #4 are located in the smart junction box (fuse panel in the right kick panel under the right side of the dash) The schematic for 2009 lists switch #4 is fuse number F16 - 15 amp.

Consult your Owner's Guide for accurate fuse information or provide us with the model year of your truck.

#4 ·
Thanks dude! LOL I appreciate it after tracing down the power feed , found a broken wire spliced and soldered alls good, I did mention the truck before and the trucks new to me unfortunetly didnt come with owners manual :SM130:

I appreciate the help though Doc!! just trying to learn little more :thumbsup: Its an 08 F450 4x4 best truck Ive owned yet.:ford:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.