Replacing OEM Indash Trailer Brake Controller - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
2008- 2010 General Questions General questions related to 2008-Up Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Replacing OEM Indash Trailer Brake Controller

Can anyone give me some advice on how to easily access the in dash TBC so I can replace it with a new unit? The TBC is located right above the drink holder in the dash...if the drink holder is removed can the wiring plug and back of the old TBC be reached? Thanks for any advice in advance...

2008 F-350 6.4L PSD, XLT, CrewCab, DRW, Long Bed, Torqueshift Auto, Fumoto Valve, Bilsteins, S&B CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 07:30 AM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by donniejimmy View Post
Can anyone give me some advice on how to easily access the in dash TBC so I can replace it with a new unit? The TBC is located right above the drink holder in the dash...if the drink holder is removed can the wiring plug and back of the old TBC be reached? Thanks for any advice in advance...

Yes, that access helps. You may also need to pop out whatever occupies the other half of the space next to the TBC. The TBC assembly is held in by springs that wedge it in pretty tight so you will need to apply a lot of pressure to pop it out from behind. They can be a PITA.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Ford Fusion ENERGI Titanium Plug-in Hybrid
Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 01:53 AM

My Photos: (0)
Not sure if you already did it but the two small panels where the cigarette lighter is and the aux port for the stereo is those panels pop out. Once those get removed there is two small screws that once you remove them the whole dash section comes out if you pull out from the bottom, and can easily access the tbc and Upfitter switches.

08 F250 CC SB 4x4 New baby.
03 F250 SC LB 4x4 sold

In SO-CAL?
Check out Southern California Powerstrokes.(SOCAPS).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008- 2010 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in