Auto/Stick 2010 XL - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
2008- 2010 Ordering Information Discussion of ordering and status of an order of a Super Duty truck. All engine types allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Auto/Stick 2010 XL

Checked out the 2010 Diesel XL. Only option for a stick shift was with the gasser. When I tried to go diesel the stick was only available with the Gasser? Is that true? Can't get a stick shift with the Diesel Option? Truck came in at about $35,000 with bench seats and tow package. That is much$$$ for a work truck!

F-250 2000 4x2 SC SD Long Bed, 6-speed, American Racing 'Kong Wheels, Glasstite Camper Shell & Vintage Airstream gone...! Replaced with vintage Pop-up Sunlight Truck camper that fits in garage.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 01:29 PM

My Photos: (0)
Call up Bobby Williams at Sunrise Ford (Fontana, CA). He's the man.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
F250 PSD XLT Super Cab Long Bed (4x2)
2006 Nissan Titan, 6 inch Procomp lift (4x2)
2000 Nissan Frontier, Custom Motorsports 8 inch lift (4x2)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (45)
2010 SuperDuty pickups were available with a manual ZF-6 tranny and a diesel engine. But it's too late to order one now, and for the 2011s that you can order a stick shift is not available at all, with any engine.

If you really want a stick shift with a diesel engine in a 2010 pickup, then maybe if you call Bobby Williams immediately he can locate one for you before they're all gone forever. But if you're choosy about other options, then forget it.
Sunrise Ford Fleet - Bobby Williams - (909) 822-4404

Very few Ford dealers will stock a stick shifter - because there is very little demand for them. So don't expect Bobby to do miricles and find you exactly what you're wanting. He'll be lucky to find any stick shifters at all. Maybe some stripper "fleet specials" with almost no options other than diesel engine.

If you were trying to "build and price" a 2010 on Ford's website
www.fordvehicles.com
then you have to build a 4x4 in order to get 6-speed manual with diesel engine. I just now "built" a 2010 XL CrewCab shorty 4x4 6.4L 6-speed F-350 SRW, no problem. But if I tried to change it back to 4x2 it said I'd also have to add the automagic tranny. So don't give up on that first screen where you choose engine and tranny. Choose diesel engine and let the tranny default to the automagic. Then go past the 4x2/4x4 choice, then change the tranny to 6-speed.

So that's a clue that you won't find any 4x2 6.4L with stick shift in stock, anywhere.

My Sierra Blanca (Spanish for White Mountain) in the sig pic was a great pickup for 11.5 years. I sold it several years ago. I drove a hand-me-down 2003 F-150 SuperCrew 4.6L 2V for a while, but it was unacceptable for towing more than a rowboat. Replacement is a 2012 F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew Lariat that tows my 5,000-pound TT like a dream. Replaced the 2012 with a 2019 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost with max tow.

Last edited by SmokeyWren; 12-23-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008- 2010 Ordering Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in