Extending my warranty on my 2008 Ford F-150 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
2008- 2010 Ordering Information Discussion of ordering and status of an order of a Super Duty truck. All engine types allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (11)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Extending my warranty on my 2008 Ford F-150

What dealers on here can do extended warranties? Bobby Williams? Looking to extend my warranty on my 2008 F-150 before the 36k miles runs out and need to get a price. Please let me know who can help me with this and how much would it cost to do it. Thanks.

'01 F-350, SD, Reg Cab, 4X4, PSD, 6-Speed, 3.73, Off Road/Snow Plow Packages (Xsprings), Rhinoliner, Tuff Country 1 1/2" leveling kit, 3" Donahue hanger kit, 315/70/16 Goodyear Wrangler AT/s on 16x10 Eagle Alloy 058's, Stull 5399-P grille mounted in a full chrome grille, Ford AIS Air box, Westin bull bar, 4" MBRP 409 SS turbo back exhaust. Edge EZ module. Zoodad mod. 20% tinted windows - Born on date 6/18/01. Delivered 6/28/01. Picked up 6/29/01.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'78 F150, 4X4, Shortbed, 460, tunnel ram, duel 600 holleys, 4-speed, 10 lift, 44 monster mudders.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'72 F-250, 4-speed stock plow truck.

'08 F-150 Super Crew 5.4L - Sold
'15 F-150 Super Crew 5.0L

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 10:13 PM

My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
What dealers on here can do extended warranties? Bobby Williams? Looking to extend my warranty on my 2008 F-150 before the 36k miles runs out and need to get a price. Please let me know who can help me with this and how much would it cost to do it. Thanks.
Prices will differ but any dealer will sell you a warranty. Fill out the blanks for your truck on this site and they will have a quote for the various types. Ford Extended Warranty - Geniune Ford ESP Sales

'08 F350 Lariat CC 6.4 DRW 4.10 4x4 manual hubs and 62 gal fuel tank.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 04:47 PM

That is where I bought my truck and that is who I will go back to and get that 200K extended warranty at next month's end. ..

After reading the warranty I am considering how many miles I would have to drive in the next 6 years in order to take full advantage of the 200K warranty. I have to drive over 32K per year! I now have 2450 miles on the truck. This Diesel EngineCare Plus warranty , the way I perceive it, is designed for that individual who will not be standing still and racks up some serious mileage.. like a commercial driver.

I believe I could get the 100K which covers everything the DEC Plus covers and then some, and comfortably drive right to 16.9K per year for the next 6 years. It does not matter which warranty I get they are still maxxed out in 6 years.

Basing this on how many miles your going to drive and say you have no intentions on doing even 100K in the next 6 years, why would a person not get the Premium care covering 500 plus parts as opposed to getting the Diesel Engine Care plus when the former covers everything the later does and a whole bunch more? The difference in price for the duration of the contract is one whole $5 dollar bill. That is considering a $0 deductible for each. They both expire at the same time and they both cover all the same engine/drivetrain components.

So for $5 dollars less you basically get more than the Diesel Engine Care Plus. The roadside assistance is a consideration if you have no other means of vehicle insurances that provide roadside benefits. For me, I have the Express Insurance Plus and Good Sam plus which overlaps coverage for my truck and my fifthwheelr. I guess that would be another reason I would not need that 200K DEC PLus.

If I missed something, please sound off. Nothing has been purchased yet and I would like to hear all available options before said buy
thanks

2010 F-450 King Ranch (loaded)
Alpenlite Portofino RL36
Reese 24K Sig Series fifthwheel hitch
Reese 30K Sig Series gooseneck hitch
Aerotank 65 gallon tool/tank box ( on timer)
Eclipse AVN726E Nav

Last edited by NEVERSWEAT7; 05-15-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVERSWEAT7 View Post
After reading the warranty I am considering how many miles I would have to drive in the next 6 years in order to take full advantage of the 200K warranty. I have to drive over 32K per year! I now have 2450 miles on the truck. This Diesel EngineCare Plus warranty , the way I perceive it, is designed for that individual who will not be standing still and racks up some serious mileage.. like a commercial driver.

If I missed something, please sound off. Nothing has been purchased yet and I would like to hear all available options before said buy
thanks
It doesn't cover everything "and then some." The different packages cover a certain limited number of parts, with the PremiumCare offering the most comprehensive protection. I'll bet that there are standard problem parts (e.g., fuel injector, oil/fuel pump, etc.) that are common across each package, but there are other things in there that may not be. For the extra $$$, I'd personally just go for the most comprehensive package, but I'm the kind of guy that's planning on keeping the truck for at least another 5 years--if I can do it, I'll keep it until it's not feasible to fix it.

F250 PSD XLT Super Cab Long Bed (4x2)
2006 Nissan Titan, 6 inch Procomp lift (4x2)
2000 Nissan Frontier, Custom Motorsports 8 inch lift (4x2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008- 2010 Ordering Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in