Ford F450 tow truck - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
2008- 2010 Ordering Information Discussion of ordering and status of an order of a Super Duty truck. All engine types allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 04:41 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ford F450 tow truck

can i order a tow truck straight from the dealer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 12:34 PM

no you would have to order a cab and chassis truck first, or buy one off the lot and then take it to a body upfitter that would install the tow truck body on your rig. However if you find the right dealer they probably will have the means to help get you exactly what you want and need. By that i mean that the dealer probably has certain upfitter companies that they deal with on a regular basis and would then be able to get your truck rigged up.

RIP 2008 CC LB 6.4...Rolled 3.5 times and walked away with only 4 scratches....Brand new 2010 F-350 CC LB 6.4 Lariat SRW, Camper package, Snow plow, dual alternators, cab lights, Back up camera and tail gate step, Rhino lined box, 6 inch pro comp lift kit, 35"x 12.5 toyo Mt tires, Buckstop outback bumper, 12000 warn winch, 4 lightforce driving lights on bumper, Spartan tuner and dpf delete with 4 inch mbrp exhaust, Winter studded cooper tires...stock size.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 11:17 PM

best thing (speaking as a tow driver and mechanic) would be to go talk to the wrecker manufacturer first, and make sure it's spec'd out properly for towing, upfitter switches, biggest tranny coolers you can get, pto provisions, cab to axle length, and so on.

Facing reality, ie The need to SOMEDAY grow up and get a real job, Preferably one where i don't get shot at.
Proudly owned by a 99 F350 4x4 CC DRW PSD with too many toys attached, and more on order
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 10:56 PM

My Photos: (25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesautoac View Post
Give me a call, I can help you with whatever you need.
randy
Ford Fleet/Comm Truck Mngr. 406 544-6891

Thanks Randy
I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God, than in church thinking about my motorcycle. ~unknown~
-----------------------------------
2008 Harley Softail Custom 105th Aniv Limited Edition
2006 Harley F-250 Black w/Blue Flames
2006 Harley F-350 Tor Red w/Black Flames SOLD
2005 Harley F-250 True Blue w/Med Blue Flames SOLD
2004 Harley F-250 Black & DSG 2/tone 6" Lift SOLD
1.3 million miles OTR and still Truckin!!
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's in English, thank a soldier.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesautoac View Post
You can order a tow truck from a towing equipment dealer. They will give you fleet pricing on a chassis. I saved a lot of money by not buying from a car dealer. Where are you located? What kind of truck/ bed do you want?

2011 F550 R/C V10 rollback. 2009 F550 Lariat Super cab 4x4 V10 tow truck. My diesels are gone!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 09 pics: [U]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

More pics and specs on my Cardomain page at:
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 01:58 AM Thread Starter

well i plan to get a f450 to start. i plan to start a towing business. i am in hawaii
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 09:03 AM

Since you are in Hawaii, your choices are really limited. I don't see any towing equipment dealers in Hawaii, so you will probably buy a truck (or bed) in Cali, and have it shipped to you. Since you are starting with a F450, I assume you will be building a wheel lift truck, and probably a self loader. I found this distributor in Anaheim that might help: Tow Trucks, Rollbacks, Flat Bed Car Carriers, For Sale
Good luck!

2011 F550 R/C V10 rollback. 2009 F550 Lariat Super cab 4x4 V10 tow truck. My diesels are gone!

My 09 pics: [U]

More pics and specs on my Cardomain page at:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008- 2010 Ordering Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in