The Diesel Stop banner

'2008 6.4L super duty

724 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CrazyDane69 
#1 ·
I own a 2008 F-250 and I'm trying to find out which is the best tuner to install on my truck to give me better fuel mileage. The truck is a 4x4 and I have removed the DPF I currently have a H&S tuner which is a racing tuner,thanks for any info.

Skeeter66

#2 ·
It is pricey but I went with a complete Banks Big Hoss Bundle with Dual Exhaust for my 2008 F350 Super Duty, Super Cab DRW 4x4.
It comes with the Cold Air intake, Inter-cooler, a, (almost), complete exhaust, and the Banks IQ 2.0 computer with wiring harnes.
I went with them because a write-up in one of the Diesel mags said that they were getting upwards of 25 MPG from the econo-tune and a hell of a lotta HP and torque as well.
I have about half of the kit installed and will finish it up once I get the exhaust figured out.
I bought the truck with the CAT/DPF already gone and the Banks exhaust does not come with anything to replace that section of pipe, (the Banks kit was designed to incorporate them into the final exhaust).
I am now looking to see what I need to fill in the gap, LOL.
Even with just the Cold Air intake and Intercooler installed, the truck is already running better and getting better fuel mileage.
I can't wait to get the rest of the kit installed....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.