4"x30' 40,000# recovery strap enough? - Page 3 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Off-Road Discussions Off-Road, modifications and racing forum. This is for Off-Road racing only, The Diesel Stop does not promote speeding or racing on the street and does not promote tampering with ANY EPA pollution devices for street driven cars or trucks!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 01:32 AM

My Photos: (8)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That size strap sounds about right for pulling a F350 out. You can brake anything if you pull hard enough. For most stuck in the ditch or a bit of mud stuff it will do fine. Now go past the axle in deep mud with suction from water and I would worry more about what I am hooking too than the strap. I have a hitch on both front and back of the truck. I picked up a big hook that fits in the hitch which is great for hooking straps. I agree a clevis to frame is best but not so easy on some trucks/cars. I carry a big strap and short heavy chain so I can hook into frames easy. If I worry about any failure of strap I put coat or blanket over strap. Get EVERYBODY clear of cable, chain or strap on both sides, I have broken all of them in the past. Bottom line is that strap is fine, how will you hook it to front and back of your truck and what you are pulling or is pulling you???
DENNY

1999 F350 AUTO 4x4 CC LB DRW 4.10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Off-Road Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

« Sled pulling | - »