Drag racing - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Off-Road Discussions Off-Road, modifications and racing forum. This is for Off-Road racing only, The Diesel Stop does not promote speeding or racing on the street and does not promote tampering with ANY EPA pollution devices for street driven cars or trucks!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Drag racing

I'm wanting to go drag racing but am not sure on how to launch the truck. From a dead stop now all I do is spin the tires. So anyone who has raced please let me know how to launch the truck properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 10:48 PM

My Photos: (7)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Before anybody can really help you, we need to know your current set-up. Go to your "account" and update your signature with the information about your truck including any mods.

In my younger (dumb) days, I knew guys that used sand bags in the bed to hold the back end on the ground.

1994 F-350 7.3 IDI Turbo, crew cab, E4OD,4:10 L/S, LB, Dually
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ATS Turbo upgrades: 3" DP with 3" exhaust Magnaflow XL muffler:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Copper Canyon 273 FWRET w/2 slides, Air Lift 5000 bags
Pillar pod: Autometer C2 Series gauges: pyro,trans, boost, water, oil pressure

Hypermax Cowl induction, K&N air filter, flex-a-lite 26K trans cooler with fan,Tekonsha prodigy
Train Horns:

PM please not visitor message
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Sorry here are my mods. 2010 f250
H&s mini mas tuner on hot setting
Afe intake
4" down pipe to 5" race exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 11:08 PM

Okay we're getting closer..Now go to your account and put all that info in your signature along with the rest of the info...reg cab,long bed, auto trans.....rear end if you know it..

Hypermax Cowl induction, K&N air filter, flex-a-lite 26K trans cooler with fan,Tekonsha prodigy
Train Horns:

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 11:09 PM

My Photos: (24)
Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Try 4WD...if you have it? 2WD...air down tires (with weight as stated) or splurge on some slicks?

2005 F-350 CC, LB, 4x4, Dually, 6.0 Powerstroke, Torqueshift, 4:10 Gears. Gooseneck and rear pull hitches. "Truck Covers USA" roll up aluminum tonneau cover. Putco Boss Running Boards. Aluminum finned diff covers. Bilstein HD shocks. ProComp steering stabilizer. XRF ball joints. NC Hornet CCV mod. RCD egr delete kit. AirDog fuel system. Strictly Diesel's regulated fuel and coolant return lines kits. Amsoil oil bypass (by NUC Motorsports) and homebuilt coolant bypass kits. CFM intake elbow. ARP head studs with factory gaskets and all upgrades. FICM by Ed with Atlas 40 tune, DC Power 185 amp alternator, MBRP 304SS "Cool Dual" exhaust system. SCT Livewire tuner with pyrometer. Autometer 'A' pillar gauges (Boost/Trans temp/Pyrometer/Fuel Pressure). 850 CCA Motorcraft Batteries. Using Rotella T-6 synthetic oil. Upgraded degas tank and cap. Hayes deep aluminum trans pan. GoGo Diesel modified direct clutch solenoid. Retro Solutions HID head and fog lights. High idle mod. Jimmi-Jammers. +More.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Okay we're getting closer..Now go to your account and put all that info in your signature along with the rest of the info...reg cab,long bed, auto trans.....rear end if you know it..
Wow ok, I didn't know it was so hard to answer a simple question. I was just seeing what others have done to get down the 1/4 mile. Next time I'll try to be more specific. O and if it helps it's a black truck.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpower77 View Post
Wow ok, I didn't know it was so hard to answer a simple question. I was just seeing what others have done to get down the 1/4 mile. Next time I'll try to be more specific. O and if it helps it's a black truck.
I wasn't trying to slam you, but it helps a bunch to know what your working with in order to make any informed suggestions. Different strategy for take off if it's an auto vs manual. Sorry if I offended you.

Train Horns:

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpower77 View Post

Black? Your Screwed. LOL
Seriously though I would power brake to spool up the turbo a bit and launch in 4WD. Depending on if you take off in 2WD, 4WD and the air pressure your time could be a second different.

Removing teh rev limiter adn using lower profile tires will change things up too.

2OOO F-250 4WD Crew Cab, 267,000K miles,
Stock. Replaced #1 Injector/harness, Starter Relay,CPS(twice), GPR, VSS, S-Belt, Alternator, H2O Pump. AIS Severe Duty Filter, Bilsteins, Heater shutoff valve, Rotella Syn, Nitto TG's 305/55 on Eagle 20x10's, Mobil 1 ATF,Walker BTM, Mesa, Arizona
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Off-Road Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in