Winch Mount pics - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Off-Road Discussions Off-Road, modifications and racing forum. This is for Off-Road racing only, The Diesel Stop does not promote speeding or racing on the street and does not promote tampering with ANY EPA pollution devices for street driven cars or trucks!

3Likes
  • 1 Post By Greg03PSD
  • 1 Post By bugman
  • 1 Post By NYB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Winch Mount pics

looking for different ways to mount a winch on my 95 250.... Anyone have any pics?

93 F-250 7.3L XLT Extended cab 2wd 235K Auto.
95 F-250 PSD XLT 4X4 E4OD Tony wildman 6pos chip, Custom intake,pillar Gauges
89 F-350 7.5L 5spd Dump
96 F-350 PSD 5 spd Dump
99 F-350 PSD 5 Spd Dump
96 IH 4700 DT466 7Spd Dump
2002 Isuzu NQR Dump was a box until I solved that problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 09:48 PM

I don't have any better pictures at the moment, but you can kind of get the idea with this one. I have a Warn 16.5ti mounted on a Warn hidden mount that attaches to the front of the frame rails. It kicks the bumper forward by about 4 inches and there is a plastic trim kit that goes between the bumper and grill and also at the bumper ends by the fenders. I don't know if the same type of mount is available for a '95. I just liked the hidden look and the fact that I didn't have to go buy a whole new bumper. The only downside so far is that it got in the way of the foglights, so I had to remove them.
Diesel_Novice likes this.

2003 F-250 4x4, 7.3L PowerStroke
6" Skyjacker Z-link lift, 35" MT Baja ATZ tires
18" Wheels
Warn 16.5Ti winch w/ hidden mount
Front & Rear ARB Air Lockers
Dynatrac Free-Spin Front Hub Conversion
Edge Juice Programmer
Fabtech Ladder Bars

AutoEnginuity w/ Ford Enhanced package - New Hampshire seacoast - Just bring beer!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 08:53 PM

Behind a bumper is the best way. This is what I came up with, and it barely sticks out farther than the stock bumper would.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 05:43 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Garage
ARB front mount Bar with 15,000 lbs winch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Truck EDIT.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	269.2 KB
ID:	94442  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
03 F250 4x4 CC 7.3ltr 4R100HD rebuilt, 160,000 Klms
GTP38R , Turbo-master , IH Bellowed up pipes, RiffRaff CAC boot kit, AIH delete, .
4" Turbo back exhaust ,Banks power elbow, LPG (Gas over diesel) DP F6 tuner, 40hp tow, 60hp tow, 80hp tow, 60hp, 80hp, 120hp race, Decel, 1200 RPM.
RiffRaff 6637 intake ,pre filter, Snorkle
Custom made trans cooler with twin thermo fans ,water to oil cooler
Scangauge 11,AutoMeter Trans temp, pyro ,Water/Oil temp, Fuel Pressure, Boost.
Longrange 120 ltr fuel tank and transfer pump, 15,000 lb winch, Warn winch bar, Lightforce HID spot lights, HID headlights, Black Widow Drawer System, Snugtop Canopy with gull windows, Fr & Rr ARB Diff locks, Hornblaster Train horns, Post fuel pump filter, RiffRaff FRx and HPx , Bilsteins x4, Onboard compressor , Air tank and water traps, Billet door handles, Alpine headset, Alpine overhead DVD player, Rockford Fosgate sub, Alpine amp and CD changer.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 09:35 AM

My Photos: (12)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have always figured that we mount the winches on the wrong end of the truck. When we get stuck it is usually as we are going forward and need to be pulled backwards. So shouldn't the logical place to mount a winch the rear end of the truck? That is unless you are always playing around in the back country with a friend that can pull you backwards out of your predicament.
phxdt likes this.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 03:52 PM

What if you aren't playing - what if you actually need to get to where you're going?

If you're just playing, put your winch on a draw bar mount, and put a receiver at each end of the truck.

But if it's mounted to the front, and you need to go back, pull the cable under the truck. My bumper is built so I can pull around the ends of the bumper.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 01:02 AM

Better to install one, then you'll be sure not to need it.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 10:04 PM
NYB

My Photos: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
What if you aren't playing - what if you actually need to get to where you're going?

If you're just playing, put your winch on a draw bar mount, and put a receiver at each end of the truck.

But if it's mounted to the front, and you need to go back, pull the cable under the truck.

And just get more stuck? In deeper muck? With solid ground further behind? And still not get to where you are going?

Pulling the cable under the truck can rub axles, oil pans, fuel tanks, brake lines, heat exchangers, and cross members the wrong way, doing more undercarriage harm than good.
bugman likes this.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 10:22 PM
NYB

My Photos: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidD View Post
looking for different ways to mount a winch on my 95 250.... Anyone have any pics?

I have the same Warn Semi Hidden kit that Greg03PSD has, but am not posting pics of that kit because it won't help you for your 1995.

However, there is indeed a very nice looking period correct Warn replacement bumper with hidden winch incorporated inside that was made for the 1980-1997 Ford truck body style. It was designed during the "bricknose" front fascia iteration of that 17 model year run, around 1986. So it looks better than OEM factory for the 1987 through 1992 model year era, but as the pics I'm posting below will show, it looks pretty darn good on the 93-97 front clip design iteration as well.

It's called the Warn Enforcer, and it includes two holes to mount some big ol fog or driving lights. It also has nice replaceable, flexible, end cap rub corners. The thing I like best about the Warn Enforcer visually for your 1995 body style is that it is period correct. It looks right and befitting, as opposed to the new fangled tri-angular Road Armor style gargantuan bumper replacements that look like set pieces to a Star Wars movie.

Enough talk...

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYB View Post
And just get more stuck?
Only if you don't know how to use a winch or drive a truck off-road. Go to p.155 of this PDF (Ch.22).
Quote:
In deeper muck?
If you've already gone through the deeper stuff, why would you need the winch?
Quote:
With solid ground further behind?
What are you talking about? If you're winching backward, you're winching back to the solid ground.
Quote:
And still not get to where you are going?
Only if you give up and go home.
Quote:
Pulling the cable under the truck can rub axles, oil pans, fuel tanks, brake lines, heat exchangers, and cross members the wrong way, doing more undercarriage harm than good.
If you can't route a winch cable any better than that, then you shouldn't have a winch. And if your truck is so delicate that it can be destroyed by a winch cable, what will happen if you drive over a log or rock?

Quote:
It's called the Warn Enforcer, and...
...it hasn't been made in more than a decade, so you can't buy one new. It's not on the Warn site (including the replacement parts page), or Amazon, or eBay... And you're not likely to find one used in good condition. So like you said:
Quote:
...it won't help you for your 1995.
Again: build it. That's the only way to get exactly what you want, and it's much cheaper than buying & modifying. Nothing you can buy would stand up to this:

Last edited by Steve83; 06-26-2016 at 12:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Off-Road Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in