The Diesel Stop banner

STOLEN - '2002 F350 - Everett WA

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  deliberate 
#1 ·
This is a call for help! My truck was stolen from the Amtrak parking lot in Everett WA sometime this weekend. It was parked Friday night and we came back this morning to find it missing. I am sick about it and hope it is recovered. Please keep an eye out and call 911 to report if you spot it. Below are some details:

2002, CrewCab, White, Longbed
Tinted Windows
Wind vents on all windows except passenger rear door
Not lifted, stock wheels
2 gauge on the driver side vertical post
Grey Leather interior
rear seat has black/gray cover
Stevens Pass Avalanche Dog sticker in rear window (round purple in color)
Blue paint scrapes on right side door and bed (errant Lowes cart)

License Plate starts with B677, WA plates

Also attaching some photos, looking for more exterior but this is a start.

This truck could be in WA, OR, or even CA by now, or even ID or MT. Please keep an eye out for this truck and call 911 if you think you have seen it, I know it's a common color but look for the sticker on the window and the blue marks on the right side of the body.

What else can I post that would help??

Thanks!!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Start the insurance claim process now. This hurts but you might not want it back depending upon who took it.

I do hope it all works out quickly.
I took care of filing the claim, etc yesterday so the ball is rolling. insurance will "replace" it but the problem is there are NO trucks like this around here for sale, they either have 200k+ miles or are way overpriced and to find an 02 lariat with 138k longbed, crew cab is nearly impossible. I paid 21k 3 years ago and had less than 9k to go. it looks like it books for 14-15k no way I can get a replacement for 15k. i wish they had replacement coverage. does anyone actually have positive stories about settling with the insurance co. on a stolen vehicle?

#4 ·
Good luck in this tough time fellow member. From your pictures, that is really a nice truck and I hope you get it back the same way you left it or find another like it. Luckily, I have not had to deal with a stolen car before, and I hope I never do. I don't know who your insurance company is, but I have had State Farm for 15 years. I know they are superior in taking care of claims for their customers.
Again, I hope things work out for the best.

#5 ·
put ads in the surrounding communities on cl. don't forget alaska.

#6 ·
Snow..just now read this. No update, so assume your truck not found. Bummer for sure. Had car stolen long ago & ins. was just low blue book. Point is....

Had photos, but no "date taken" on each one. Might have made difference in ins. settlement due to really good condition of my car, just like your truck. Since then, updated camera & date taken feature used on each pic.

Also learned to use steering wheel lock (club?) when I leave my vehcile for any extended time. Even so, if someone has the means & time they probably can still steal it, but so far been lucky. Hopefully you get it back & ok.?

#7 ·
First - to the OP: I hope that this turns out whatever way is best for you. I know I would be devastated if my truck were stolen. Like you, mine is *way* above blue book "values" - mine looks almost brand new after 41k miles, no way BB has any idea about its market value right now. Good luck with yours.

Had photos, but no "date taken" on each one. Might have made difference in ins. settlement due to really good condition of my car, just like your truck. Since then, updated camera & date taken feature used on each pic.
Your insurance company might have been playing cute. If you used a digital camera, there is likely an internal date for every image (file) taken. Of course, this depends on the date that the camera thinks is current. Nonetheless, you make an excellent point. I think I'll take a full set of pix of my truck, inside and out, today or tomorrow, with the date stamp displayed on the image. Then, I'll print a set and initial each and keep in my safe, along with the video I have of my house contents.

Thanks for the great heads-up.

Also learned to use steering wheel lock (club?) when I leave my vehcile for any extended time. Even so, if someone has the means & time they probably can still steal it, but so far been lucky.
I also use my "Truck Club" when I have the first inclination. It's like reefing a sail, if you've thought about it - it's time to do it. I also have the same realism about how much security it adds, but I know it will slow them down and that alone makes me feel better. I also carefully choose *where* I park.

Good luck to the OP,

- Don

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.