Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - Reply to Topic
'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

Thread: Dieselsite Boots? Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
05-31-2013 12:35 PM
Graupp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green2D View Post
I just installed my boots from Dieselsite yesterday. A very high quality product that can't even be compared to the original boots that came off my truck. All six boots with the plenum inserts, I even threw in the AIH delete plug while I had it all apart. My transactions with Dieselsite have been very positive and I'll happily do business with them in the future.

Scott

Like I said in my previous posting;

Ford has ""ALSO"" upgrade their boots from the original...just like DieselSite did...

My contention is that the Ford boot is an engineered part designed to fit 'precisely' where it goes, and is not an over glorified radiator hose that has to be modified to fit

And to top it off, it's a lot cheaper actually buying from Ford...
Both from the cost of the product and the shipping...

Tousley's still gives a pretty good discount....I didn't try them...
I'm certain, they would have had a better price than the local stealership,
and DieselSite...

Take Care
05-27-2013 10:17 AM
Green2D I just installed my boots from Dieselsite yesterday. A very high quality product that can't even be compared to the original boots that came off my truck. All six boots with the plenum inserts, I even threw in the AIH delete plug while I had it all apart. My transactions with Dieselsite have been very positive and I'll happily do business with them in the future.

Scott
05-20-2013 04:10 PM
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by floundergigging View Post
Great. You should be happy with them. I have bought the same boots for my truck 4 years ago or so. They are a little more difficult to get on and off because they are tougher than stock ones. They are a little longer and that was fine by me. They won't "slip off". They are as tough as nails. Mine also do not leak / seep oil as the stock ones did. I think they are the best boots in the industry or at the very minimal, equal to the best boots in the industry. Congratulations you made a good purchase.
Thanks...I agree they are a little harder getting on and off...but look like a great boot to me. The only negative I can say about them I wished they came in different colors. But that's just me.
05-20-2013 12:37 PM
floundergigging Great. You should be happy with them. I have bought the same boots for my truck 4 years ago or so. They are a little more difficult to get on and off because they are tougher than stock ones. They are a little longer and that was fine by me. They won't "slip off". They are as tough as nails. Mine also do not leak / seep oil as the stock ones did. I think they are the best boots in the industry or at the very minimal, equal to the best boots in the industry. Congratulations you made a good purchase.
05-20-2013 12:10 PM
Griz Just thought I would add an update. I received and installed the boots I received from Dieselsite and ran a pressure test everything looks good. Yes these boots are longer than stock boots but in my case that is a good thing. They are only 1/8" longer than RiffRaff's boots. The way I clamp the boots is behind the ridge in the CAC pipes. And because of the added length that is doable. That makes blowing off a boot almost impossible. These boots are really nice...although I liked the color of my old RiffRaff boots better. If they do all that Bob claims I'll be a happy camper.

Griz
05-05-2013 08:54 PM
Griz Since I started this thread I want to end it by saying I ordered new boots today from Dieselsite. After further testing of my boots I discovered they were not only leaking out the ends through the material but a couple of them had pin hole leaks in the middle of the boots and this was at only 15 psi. I have lost confidence in them and decide to replace them.

Griz
05-05-2013 08:07 PM
DIESELSITE Graupp,

I don't typically handle customer support issues on the forums - that should have been dealt with over the phone - but sometimes I think it is important for the readership to hear both sides of a story.

In your case - you ordered the wrong boots and as we would do for anyone, we swapped them out for the boots you said needed. Sorry you had trouble, but let's address the part where you say we don't explain what you are getting...

In the description of all of our boots on our site, they list in sentence #1 exactly where they go in the truck.

For example: In the description of the Engine boot kit (the first kit you ordered) http://www.dieselsite.com/19995-2003...fter12198.aspx in the first sentence it says :

"The kit includes the two boots that connect the intercooler pipes to the intake manifold, and the two boots that seal the intake manifold to the heads. It includes four T-bolt spring clamps for the upper boots and four heavy duty stainless steel clamps for the lower boots. The spring bolt clamps are 300 series stainless steel with zinc coated bolts with a 300lb clamping strength. Recommended torque is 60 in/lbs. "

In the description of the replacements we sent you http://www.dieselsite.com/1999-20037...erbootkit.aspx intercooler boot kit - it says in the first line:

"The kit includes the two boots that connect the intercooler piping to the intercooler on both sides of the radiator. It includes four T-bolt spring clamps. The spring bolt clamps are 300 series stainless steel with zinc coated bolts with a 300lb clamping strength. Recommended torque is 60 in/lbs. "

Now let's address our return policy:

You will get a full refund if they come back in new and unused condition (unused with no modifications to them). Our boots need no modification to be installed on the application they were meant for.

You called asking for help and asked if I would talk to your mechanic. I gladly obliged, but it took you a minute or two to talk him into even getting on the phone. I was going to explain what he might have needed to do (in your case I was thinking he needed to trim some of the insulation back to let the boot slide further up the pipe - this isn't always needed but in some trucks it helps). When you finally got him on the phone, I said HELLO. That was the last word I had a chance to get in before he proceeded to tell me what bullsh*t all this diesel aftermarket business was - and then continued to cuss and insult my products and the industry as a whole. I am sure you heard the whole conversation. He had no interest in having a conversation with me. He seemed more interested in showing me his vocabulary of profanity. When he continued running his mouth and wouldn't stop cussing, I decided to discontinue the call. I don't have time for that.

I was actually feeling bad for you that you had to deal with this guy, all the while assuming you wanted a solution. After hanging up, I let Jennifer know that when you called back she could tell you that you were welcome to send them back for a full refund since your mechanic was not willing to help you. We never heard back. The fact that you posted after handing the phone to him and listening to him be one of the most disrespectful and arrogant asses I have ever had the pleasure of speaking with has me hoping that he didn't modify or cut your boots in any way or unfortunately you won't be getting any type of a refund. I can't resell damaged goods.

Again, I will gladly refund your payment as long as I receive them in the condition that I sent them to you.

Bob
05-04-2013 12:50 PM
Dieselsite Barbie Graupp,

I do recall the situation with your boots and making sure we sent you out the correct ones. I apologize if it was not clear to you which set you needed, however we include a detailed description of where they connect and are located under the product page.

I also recall transferring your call to Bob and heard briefly about the discussion he had with your mechanic, if you even want to call it a discussion. Bob did say that if you wanted to return the boots you are more than welcome to, as long as they are in unused and resell-able condition (per our return instructions). I usually get a call for an RMA number, also per our instructions, but I did not in your case so I did not get to emphasize our return policy to you.

If you have any questions or concerns about your RMA, you can PM me or give me a call when we open on Monday.
05-04-2013 09:21 AM
Graupp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz View Post
Bob I've bought lots of parts from your business and will continue to do so because they have always been 'Top Notch'. I was surprized to see the results from One Isolated Case. But it concerned me enough to re-think if I really needed new boots. I am still trying to decide what I want to do in the future.

Griz
Greetings;

I just completed a transaction with Bob @ DieselSite, by sending my intercooler boots back...
The first set of boots I ordered were the wrong ones, & it seems they are NOT clear about which sets go where, and naturally, I ordered the wrong ones..What I wanted was the intercooler boots that mount up along side the radiator...Well after talking with them, they corrected my error, and shipped me the kind I wanted...
WELL!!!
When I got them, they were about 2" to long, and needed to be modified..
My 'experienced' diesel mechanic refused to be responsible for cutting them
to size and mounting them....He basically refused to install the part...
So, I ended up ordering just the single one I needed that had been leaking..
Cost of the rh, passenger side intercooler boot was $65 from Ford Dealer..
Mind you,,,,,the set from DieselSite was $157 + Freight of $15.00
The most important and interesting thing, is that Bob claims to have improved their product, and I have absolutely NO reason not to believe him....
What he seems to negate is that Ford also has improved their product...
The new one I got, had a different type of material on the inside, [red in color] which I grossly assume is an upgrade to the 13 year old product that finally failed...
I have just returned them to DieselSite as of yesterday, and am waiting to see if he gives me full credit....

I will only post back here if he doesn't...
04-30-2013 12:18 PM
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELSITE View Post
Hi everyone. We are constantly upgrading everything in our line. When new technology or material comes available, we jump on it. We have sold tens of thousands of individual hoses over the years. We even had a customer send back a set with 600k miles on them for review (we gave him a new set for doing this). The "boot" problems, that the same few talk of, are the same post about one individual that we never got the opportunity to inspect, warranty, decline, or otherwise.

Did we upgrade our boots because we had an issue? No. We did, however, try to address the issue that I believe that customer had/ caused while we were upgrading to new materials that are now available. This will make them stronger and less prone to damage from installs like screwdrivers, sharp edges on intercooler pipes, etc.

Bob
Bob I've bought lots of parts from your business and will continue to do so because they have always been 'Top Notch'. I was surprized to see the results from One Isolated Case. But it concerned me enough to re-think if I really needed new boots. I am still trying to decide what I want to do in the future.

Griz
04-29-2013 07:11 PM
klhansen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiner1 View Post
You can hammer with visegrips
Been there, done that, as they say.
04-29-2013 06:59 PM
Machiner1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT View Post
Big dummy. You're supposed to hammer them in...


Sent from AutoGuide.com App

You can hammer with visegrips
04-29-2013 06:48 PM
Flywheel Good feedback Bob - why are they so expensive?

Can you have a 3- day sale or something? I have rebuilt everything around my 350k mi boots....!
04-29-2013 06:12 PM
RT Big dummy. You're supposed to hammer them in...


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
04-29-2013 05:24 PM
Machiner1 "YOUR LIGHT BULBS ARE NO GUDD!! I INSTALLED THEM WITH MY VISE GRIPS AND THEY BROKE!!!

BAD PRODUCT!! BAD PRODUCT!!
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome