The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to me to be the case in this joint as of late.😢
I propose doing something about it. Perhaps we could do something like “Name this Part”. You post a picture of a part and people try to identify. Winner gets a gift certificate from a site sponsor.
Im sure Kevin can work out all of the details and make it happen, as he is a mover and shaker. All for, reply by saying,
“ Rockin’ Idea”.

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
Me, I will continue to support the forum as a premium member. I recognize that its not "stagnation" it's that the 7.3 is multiple model types old and out of production for a decade. The market has moved on, taking the user numbers with it, and will continue to evolve. It's the nature of things commercially progressive.

Reactions: LJC2001

·
Registered
562 Posts
Everyday I look at the 99 forum to see the new posts. This is so I can get familiar and learn more about my truck and how the systems work. Not much that I can post.

I am still working on my motor after pulling it in Feb. It took awhile to receive parts. The weather has been an obstacle. It has been raining and cold for about a month.
It is also taking longer because I am replacing items damaged by previous "mechanics" working on the truck. For example, my firewall insulation is torn up. Bolts were missing.

This year I hope to replace the doors, soundproof and repaint the truck.

·
Premium Member
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of course all for would be welcome.

On a side note… George if you find that finding that heat shield difficult to find or pricey, you might want to look at the Thermotec Cool IT product line. I use their self adhesive aluminumized fabric heat shield sheets along with their high heat spray adhesive quite often on customers’ trucks that had damage due to hack mechanics and rodent damage.

·
Registered
2000 F250 Lariat
74 Posts
I just recently returned after multi year hiatus, largely due to the Old Girl being out of commission. How ever I'm checking the site daily particularly viewing the 99+ pages and anything about the 7.3 as mine is getting a little long in the tooth, kind of like me ;)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Of course all for would be welcome.

On a side note… George if you find that finding that heat shield difficult to find or pricey, you might want to look at the Thermotec Cool IT product line. I use their self adhesive aluminumized fabric heat shield sheets along with their high heat spray adhesive quite often on customers’ trucks that had damage due to hack mechanics and rodent damage.
I bought some Design Engineering Floor and Tunnel product.
The DEI product is 1750* / 450* heat rating and 3/16" thick.

I have to replace the entire firewall heat shield. I am sure part the tunnel area.

Over the trans area was soaked with oil and burned from an exhaust leak at the up pipes. My passenger floor board was smoking on a 200 mile trip. I had to drive on the highway with open windows. My foot was also hot on the pedal.

Which Thermotec product would you suggest for the entire area?

·
Registered
635 Posts
I put a sheet of thin stainless I had laying around attached to the bolts, but just off of the "heat shield". Been working nicely so far.

And yes, I check for new posts just about every day, unless I am out of town. I understand that there are fewer of these trucks on the road now, but those still running will need care to keep them going.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you think this forum is stagnant or lack of attendance.... try heading into the 17 and up 6.7 thread. Not much activity at all in there. Facebook groups have stolen a lot of traditional forum users ( across all platforms and interest. not just in here). I am just greatful that some of the elder and more knowledgeable users still stick around here and are willing to help out

·
Registered
635 Posts
If you think this forum is stagnant or lack of attendance.... try heading into the 17 and up 6.7 thread. Not much activity at all in there. Facebook groups have stolen a lot of traditional forum users ( across all platforms and interest. not just in here). I am just greatful that some of the elder and more knowledgeable users still stick around here and are willing to help out
Yep, very true. I used to belong to quite a few forums for my various interests, and only this one is still active.

·
Registered
2001 Ford F-350 4x4 Auto CC LB 7.3 3.73 axles 4” exhaust
49 Posts
There was a thread on the tube by livingonwheels about gutting the interior carpet and insulation in the floor. He did not do behind the dash. He only lowered sound by 2-3 decibels in the cab. Definitely opportunity at the firewall for more sound elimination. As for 7.3 they will have already out surpassed 6.0,6.4 and 6.7 in reliability. 7.3 will be the end of the Diesel experience for me, going back to gasoline powered after this truck.

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
This forum is a great resource for any 7.3 owner. We should all realize that it also is a business with overhead and real world costs. Show your support by becoming a premium member, anual fee, and buy parts and products from forum sponsors. To me, it's a bargain just to have access to the extensive search feature.

Reactions: VWrabbitdiesel1982

·
Registered
3 Posts
There was a thread on the tube by livingonwheels about gutting the interior carpet and insulation in the floor. He did not do behind the dash. He only lowered sound by 2-3 decibels in the cab. Definitely opportunity at the firewall for more sound elimination. As for 7.3 they will have already out surpassed 6.0,6.4 and 6.7 in reliability. 7.3 will be the end of the Diesel experience for me, going back to gasoline powered after this truck.
The best sound elimination I have found is the Adrenaline HPOP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts