The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm looking into changing out the old cross over lines. I'm going to have them made at my local hydraulic shop with a hose rated at 5800psi and 23000 burst. Dose anyone know the hose lengths and fitting sizes. I'm trying to avoid taking them off and bringing them there. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a '99 way back that I installed a hydraulic hose from one of the suppliers on this forum don't remember who, it lasted a while then burst. I have another truck now that I installed riffraff's hard line crossover and it is very nice. Don't know that i'd use another soft line. fwiw.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I had a '99 way back that I installed a hydraulic hose from one of the suppliers on this forum don't remember who, it lasted a while then burst. I have another truck now that I installed riffraff's hard line crossover and it is very nice. Don't know that i'd use another soft line. fwiw.

What Marcela said above the soft line will burst at some point buy a hard line worth the pice of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
If I were to do it again I wouldn't.

I noticed zero that is 0 difference from when I didn't have one to when I had one.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Same here I have installed them on two 7.3s and saw no change. So did not mess with it on the one I have now

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Hi everyone I'm looking into changing out the old cross over lines. I'm going to have them made at my local hydraulic shop with a hose rated at 5800psi and 23000 burst. Dose anyone know the hose lengths and fitting sizes. I'm trying to avoid taking them off and bringing them there. Thanks

I would remove the hoses and lines and reinstall the plugs.

I made my own with Aeroquip hoses and fittings. We had their system where I used to work. I never saw one iota of difference when I added the hose or after I took them off. They were a little bit in the way when I replaced my HPOP O-rings.

Of course that does not answer the question you asked, but my hoses lasted from 2001 until 2012 or 2013 when I removed them.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Good feedback here. This upgrade has always been on my “wish list” until now.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
The theory behind it is a good one but when I did mine over 20 years ago owners were saying how much it quieted down the engine and helped everything associated with it.

When I put it on I didn't notice anything beneficial about it. Now perhaps if you placed a gauge on the back high pressure plugs before and after and came up with some actual readings you may be able to justify it.

It is a cheap mod and if you notice any difference I wouldn't call you out on it. It is just that I didn't.

As for those thinking of building one because they have access to the materials just remember that you have to deal with heat along with pressure, and the last thing that you want to happen while driving down the road is for it to let loose and cover the engine compartment with a couple of gallons of oil before the engine shuts down.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Quieted mine...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts