The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so ill give everyone the back story real quick.

I have a 2001 F350 XLT with cloth seats.

In 2003 I upgraded those seats to power seats.
- When I upgraded to power seats I did not run a new power wire. Since my 2001 was at least fused for power and heated seats I located the power seat 30amp power wire.
- That wire is located on engine compartment fuse #18 (Circuit 5298 as I recall) and Dark Green. It comes through the firewall and runs down the drivers side kick panel along the floor and then intersects with the power and ground seat belt wires that ran under the seat.
- The ground wire was coiled and attached to a ground stud behind the drivers side kick panel.

About a month ago I had a mouse get in and chew my seat wiring to shreds. I got some help and built my own harness and am good to go there, however since I had these seats all apart I decided to replace the foam and add HEAT.

So that brings me to the specific question.

In the engine compartment fuse box, there is a 30amp positive wire for heated seats. My schematic says it is a 14 gauge wire RD/BK on circuit 1153, fuse #15.

Where in the heck is this wire? I have literally tore the dash apart looking for this wire.
- I have verified the following with my fluke continuity tester.
- It is not part of the four customer access wires that drop on the right side of the interior fuse panel.
- It is not part of the tow wire bundle.
- I have checked the bundle that the Dark Green Power seat wire is in and there are no RD/BK wires in that bundle. I also poked the other 2 14 gauge (Yellow/Blue) wires in that bundle and verified they are not them.
-I have checked the three wire bundles behind the passenger side glove box and was unable to locate.
- I have verified it is not stored behind the compartment below the cigarette lighter.
- I have partially removed/lifted the engine compartment fuse box and verified there is a RD/BK wire coming out the back that goes into the main wire bundle that goes towards the firewall and splits into three other bundles. I am unable to verify where it goes specifically due to it disappearing in the loom.

I am looking for someone who knows which wire im talking about and knows where Ford stored them when not used by having the XLT Trim with cloth seats.

Yes I am aware that I can run an additional wire with a 30 amp fuse to the battery, but I would prefer to use the system and fuse that was designed for this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone have the body builders layout book for my 2001 F350 XLT?

I have been trying to get a hold of Ford per their website
( https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/topics/2001/index.html ) but i can never get the Fax to actually work. I have been faxing my request to (734) 414-2971 for over a week to no avail.

What I am look for specifically is where the specific location is for connectors (C1049 and/or C217). If the builders book has the location of these connectors it might lead me to my wire.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Not sure if this will help you but the 2000 Ford Workshop manual says C1049 is located LH side of the instrument panel, left of the steering wheel. C-217 is located Lower Center of Dash. This is for P/U and Excursion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tparker, thanks i was able to finally track it down. Unfortunately i had to take the entire dash apart. It is a dead end wire in a black bundle next to a grey bundle that is almost directly behind and below the 4wd switch.

I appreciate the help.

Now i have to figure out how to find the right pin to add to that bundle and run to the seats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts