The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello I have a 02 7.3 265000 miles. had it since 03. runs ok. would like to have it run like new. what should I update? only thing I,ve replaced is the high oil pressure pump. everything else original.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Change the engine oil and transmission fluid. Check the tires and brakes and replace them if needed. If you would let us know in what ways it is running less than like new, then we could recommend specific things to replace rather than just giving you a long list of things that might have some wear on them and might run better with a new part.

·
Registered
391 Posts
With that amount of miles you may be getting close to needing to replace the injectors. Depends on how it runs, but most only get to 300k before needing it done. I bet your fuel pump is getting tired. A total fuel bowl rebuilding is probably a good idea. Get the parts at dieselorings.com

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Test the batteries and alternator and replace if needed. If the starter is starting to slow down, then go ahead and replace that. Check the radiator for leaks. If the serpentine belt is getting worn, then replace it along with the tensioner. If the steering isn't working too well, then replace the steering pump. How is the air conditioning? Check to see if you have any leaks in the air conditioning system. Check all of the radiator and heating hoses and replace if necessary. Check the coolant reservoir for leaks and replace if necessary. Replace the seats if they are worn. Put in new carpeting and floor mats. Repair any body damage and repaint. Check to see if there is any looseness in the wheels and replace the ball joints and wheel bearings if needed. Replace steering parts if there is too much play in the steering. If the transmission is slipping, then rebuild the transmission. Install a new exhaust system if you have any leaks. Replace the dash lights if any are burned out.

·
Registered
438 Posts
If you have a daily driver like mine, it should have less issues. I would install new bellowed up pipes and boots for the inter cooler and turbo. Long life coolant, flush brake lines, power steering etc. AIS intake, fix leaks, cnc fab oil lines w crossover & exhaust pipes or Walker BTMuffler

1 - 5 of 5 Posts