The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've replaced the hpop with a rebuilt unit because original was leaking oil badly. While I was in there n I did the turbo pedestal kit. Other then the hpop every part I used was a ford part. But now it won't start. I had to replace the starter as well and when I hook my Solaris up to the truck I have no communication at all. I've triple checked all the connectors everywhere and have come up with nothing. I've got a whole week working on my truck which ran when I removed the old hpop.i also installed new return fuel lines from the head to the fuel bowl as well as the hpop oil lines. Please help, I've probably done 10 of these pumps over the years and never had a problem until now.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Here you go

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,048 Posts
What scanner are you using? These trucks take ones that have programming specific to Ford diesels.

·
Premium Member
10,048 Posts
There are a number of other scanners that will work just as well if not better than the FORScan app and with the OP being a diesel mechanic he may have one or more of them. But that is why I asked, just to make sure that he had one of reading Ford's programming. The Solaris should work along with reading the HPOP pressures.

·
Registered
691 Posts
FORScan seems to be the go to right now. It beats all of the ones I have tried for functionality. For monitoring things like instant MPG I like Torque, but it just doesn't have the raw power for diagnostics.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Does this thing crank? Did you burn your starter up cranking? Batteries good or are they down from cranking? It won’t fire on a slow spin. Have you ever used that scanner on on of these trucks? What did you torque the HPOP gear washer and pulley to? Did you remember to connect the IPR connector? Did what is your crankcase level? Have you removed the plug and looked in the HPOP tank to see where the level is?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Solaris scanner with the last updates available for ford up to 2013. Yes I've used this scanner almost exclusively on ford trucks, ford diesel trucks and never a problem until now. I also installed 2 new batteries, a new starter and new ends on the main battery cables as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh and I wedged the flexplate to take off and install the gear,washer,bolt back onto the hpop. Also replaced all fuel and oil lines to the hpop and fuel bowl.installed a new intake air heater. Cleaned all connectors with electric contact cleaner as well as sand blasting and dirty connections and used dielectric grease to keep all connections watertight

·
Registered
632 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
You wedged the flex plate and you torqued the thick washer and bolt to what torqued?
You matched up your old HPOP mounting gasket to your new one? There are two different ones that are not interchangeable. Did you still have your old one? If so, post a picture of it.
You have check all fuses?
You have used this scanner since the updates?
Do you have another truck to plug this scanner in to check the scanner?
You have gone back and checked every connection that you touched?
You have had a 0-4,000 psi hydraulic gauge, hose made up and a fitting to go into the head and checked your hydraulic pressure? If not, do so. You you confirmed the nut on the back of the IPR hold the electro magnet is tight? You have connected a hose to the fuel bowl drain pipe in the front of engine, had somebody turn the key on and it comes out in force? In rebuilding your fuel bowl, you put the pressure regulator poppet and spring back in, have the NO FILTER= NO START tower right? You unplugged your ICP and tried to start? Did you do the pedestal work while on a Top Side creeper so you were not leaning on thing? Under Valve cover harness connectors did not get knocked loose? Do you have an old under valve cover harness laying around that you can cut up to make a jumper to direct jump your IPR?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts