The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 F250 Supercab (extended cab) that was butchered by a PO. Among other things, I think he put seat belts from a 99 into the truck. These seem to have no airbag tensioners, so I have airbag lights & codes indicating bad driver & passenger belts. I'm considering buying a set of belts from a salvage yard to turn the airbag light off. But I'm not sure I'm seeing the wiring to hook up the belts to the airbag system. I don't want to buy the belts if they also screwed with the wiring to the belts. Can someone help me ID these wires, or tell me where I should be able to look to find the wiring. The truck has buckets & a center console now, but it could have had a bench seat originally. I'm not sure if they put 99 seats into it too, I bet they did.

Attached is a pic of the airbag pig tail under the passenger seat, it seems to far forward to hook up to the seat belt. Did an 02 have a passenger seat sensor for the air bag system?

Also attached is a pic of the wires I've found under the driver's seat. One should go to the seat belt warning on the buckle, but I don't know where the other should go. It doesn't look like an airbag wire, it isn't yellow.

I can pull up the carpet and look for more if necessary, just hoping to find some info before I dig into this. I'm sort of alright driving with out the tensioners, but the light drives me a little crazy.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 02 F250 Supercab (extended cab) that was butchered by a PO. Among other things, I think he put seat belts from a 99 into the truck. These seem to have no airbag tensioners, so I have airbag lights & codes indicating bad driver & passenger belts. I'm considering buying a set of belts from a salvage yard to turn the airbag light off. But I'm not sure I'm seeing the wiring to hook up the belts to the airbag system. I don't want to buy the belts if they also screwed with the wiring to the belts. Can someone help me ID these wires, or tell me where I should be able to look to find the wiring. The truck has buckets & a center console now, but it could have had a bench seat originally. I'm not sure if they put 99 seats into it too, I bet they did.

Attached is a pic of the airbag pig tail under the passenger seat, it seems to far forward to hook up to the seat belt. Did an 02 have a passenger seat sensor for the air bag system?

Also attached is a pic of the wires I've found under the driver's seat. One should go to the seat belt warning on the buckle, but I don't know where the other should go. It doesn't look like an airbag wire, it isn't yellow.

I can pull up the carpet and look for more if necessary, just hoping to find some info before I dig into this. I'm sort of alright driving with out the tensioners, but the light drives me a little crazy.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts