The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at my Whit end trying to figure out what's wrong with my truck. Okay here is what is wrong and what I have done. While driving one day to work truck just shut down on me. I can crank it but no start. Right before all that I replaced the IPR valve and HPOP pump because I had a leak and the oil line threads where messed so I went a head and replaced. After it stopped running I replaced crank shaft sensor first. Then I replace I think it is called IPC censor on the right valve cover. I am getting fuel to my bowl and looks like I am getting oil pressure on my torque app. It seems like I am not getting fuel. Any ideas?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Do you have a check engine light on. Do you have a full tank of fuel.
Do you have proper oil level.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not have a check engine light on when it shut down or after. I have half to 3/4 a tank of fuel. Last time I checked I think it was good on oil on dip stick.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
Have you checked the level of oil in the HPOP?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I have I opened the little screw on the reservoir and it 3/4 to little bit more. I had a friend turn over a second with it open and oil shoots out the opening.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Open the fuel drain and confirm steady stream from overflow tube under truck. Fuel pump should stay on for 20 seconds with key in on position. Catch fuel in containers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can do that this weekend but last time I checked it did. I think my dad and me caught it is a glass jar to see about water. At this point I'll try anything.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Did you try to start with the icp sensor unplugged?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Is the tin nut stil on the back of the IPR?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Check the fuel supply as I said earlier. If that is good we may need to see some parameters to see why is wont fire. Can you invest in a obd dongle and forscan or torquepro app to do this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the torque pro that what I have been using to get my readings. I'll be able to check in the am. I am at work right now I'll check the fuel and I'll do a screen record of the numbers I get when I try to crank it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts