The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 03 f 250 super duty, sometimes it will crank a couple times and fire up, other times it will crank a lot before it starts, and not just when it is cold, it is not the glow plugs I don`t think, due to the fact that the last few weeks it has been in the forty`s in the AM, the light comes on for about five seconds, then I start it and it fires right up, then during the day, some times it will start with a couple cranks, other times it will take what seems like forever, when it starts fast or slow, it runs fine right away, no miss or smoke,runs grate steady tack, I never had a 6.0 my last truck was a 7.3 but I could not find one after someone wrecked mine, so I had to get this 6.0.
someone said check the battery`s, under load, I checked them, 12.7 V, then 12.1 under a load, ?? do not know if that is good enough, someone also said I should get a " SCAN GAUGE " so I can tell what is going on under my hood, I looked around on line but could not find one, would anyone know where I could get one,??
OK I hope someone can help me out with this, Thanks so much.

P.S. It says 91 f 250, that was the old truck, don`t know how to change it,lol this truck is a 2003 f 250 super duty with 130.000 on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When was the last time you had the HPOP replaced? I had this happen and when I finally found a diesel mechanic that worked on the 6.0l this was a right away diagnosis. If you're kicking over then the fuel flow rate is good enough. I would start there but its about 4hrs to get to the HPOP. Not to difficult but its always good to have a knowledgeable wrench work on the truck. That is my best advice.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello
Thanks for the reply, I have only had the truck about seven months, and I did not have that changed, soon as I got it I changed the oil and the filters, I do not know if the other owner had the HPOP changed, guess I will have to take it some place to have it checked, is there a way they can test that,??
Thanks again for your time, have a grate weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts