The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 f 250 super duty 6.0, 131,000 when I go out in the A.M. for work when cold, it turns over couple times and starts and runs fine, but once it get hot, that darn thing spins and spins before it will start, once it starts it runs fine, but boy it takes a lot of FAST spinning,
I took it to two shops and each one put it on the computre , both said everything came back as fine, no trouble hits, yet when it gets hot it is very hard to start,
I changed the two fuel filters, they was after market, not ford, but as I said when it is cold it will start right up and run fine, so I do not think it is the filters,
Thanks so much for your time.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
You have a high pressure oil leak. If you get a Scangauge or similar device to read the ICP and IPR readings you will fins that the IP is at 85% (which is wide open) while the ICP does not rise to the 500psi necessary to fire the engine. When he oil is cold it is thicker and doesn't flow out of the leak as fast as when it is hot. Once the engine starts there are enough rpm's to overcome the leak and keep running, but the starter cannot crank fast enough to produce enough oil volume to build the pressure to fire the injectors. Someone who is more familiar with the 04-04 oil systems will chime in to help you further.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ford 06, could you tell me if this is a BIG repair, I have no idea what your talking about, any idea what it may cost, Thank You gain.

·
Registered
212 Posts
try running some archoil9100 or RevX in it... this may in fact be an HPOP leak, or it may be stichion of the injector pistons... the archoil has worked miracles for others, and you may soon be in that group...

·
Premium Member
7,228 Posts
I'm with Ford06 on this. The symptoms indicate an HPOP leak. Archoil is good stuff but it can't cure a leak.

The complexity of the repair will depend on where that leak is, so it would be impossible to say how involved the repair is until you find out where the leak is.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OH OK teamroper60, guess I need to find a shop that works on diesel, I can hold my own with gas, but not this 6.0, ok Thanks guys, have a grate and safe weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts