The Diesel Stop banner

'03 F250 7.3L Low Whistle w/ New Turbo

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  blue99stroker 
#1 · (Edited)
I have an 03 F250 7.3L w/ DP Tuner F5 chip, 6637 filter, 4" exhaust from the turbo back, Adrenaline HPOP, and gauges. My stock turbo recently started blowing oil to the point of leaving a large trail of smoke behind me all the time.

To address this I had a GTP38R turbo installed along with new up-pipes and new boots and cleaned the CAC. The new turbo is great but now my truck makes a low whistling sound when letting off the accelerator while the truck is still cold. It's lower in frequency than the usual turbo noises and it goes away after the truck fully warms up.

A video of it is here:
https://youtu.be/Es4aDDCvmmI
You will have to turn up the volume to hear it over the low end rumble. It's at 22 to 23 seconds into the video.

Does this sound like a leaking boot? If not does anyone know what it likely is?

Thanks

#2 ·
That sounds normal 38rs are pretty noisy. That being said what's your max boost psi?

#3 ·
I've hit about 30psi but I haven't really tried to max it out yet. It also has the mechanical wastegate controller from dieselsite with the spring adjusted to about 1.8 inches.

#4 ·
Sounds like everything is working good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.