The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as title styates I have issuse besides me. My blower motor works on low and high only, no others. I have been looking all over the web with no results fixing it. I checked all fuses, replace blower switch in cab, resistor plug and 2X resistor with MOTORCRAFT parts and the issue is still there.
Does anyone have any thoughts? Is there a way to trace and test it out? Anyone have a wire diagram of this to try and trace?
Thank you for ANY real help beside burning it or a new truck as other site can only state.

·
Registered
04 AND 05 F350'S BOTH WITH 6.0'S
2 Posts
Check the voltage to the blower motor if that checks out check the EATC module
So as title styates I have issuse besides me. My blower motor works on low and high only, no others. I have been looking all over the web with no results fixing it. I checked all fuses, replace blower switch in cab, resistor plug and 2X resistor with MOTORCRAFT parts and the issue is still there.
Does anyone have any thoughts? Is there a way to trace and test it out? Anyone have a wire diagram of this to try and trace?
Thank you for ANY real help beside burning it or a new truck as other site can only state.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Have you tried taking out the motor and testing it? They are easy to remove and relatively cheap, too.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Are you getting the correct signals at the connector to the motor?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'd use a multi meter to test all the conductors at the connector that plugs into the motor. If you Don't have current to each when you cycle the fan speed switch then you either have a bad conductor or a bad switch, but you've already replaced the switch.

When you took out the fan motor, did you apply power to all the connections to make sure it worked in all speeds? If I remember correctly, there are 4 wires there. I don't have a wiring diagram for that part to tell you which is which, but someone here does.

·
Super Moderator
26,785 Posts
The speed of the fan motor is controlled by the resistor block. There are only 2 wires to the motor itself, and if it runs at all, it's good.
Here's the wiring diagram for the blower motor. It's for an 03, but should be the same for 04.

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
So is it likely the resistor block? Where is that located? I looked up the connector and it looked like it had 4 wires, not 2, so that's my mistake.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the residtor is a 4 wire plug abd is just below the fand motor and to the right under the hood.,
I yried the volt meter and the reading bounce all over when testing across the fan plug and plug to batt terminals. and on all fan speeds But fine when I go across the 2 batt termials them sealf. I might just order a new switch and resistor again and replace both at the same time and see what happens. I do not know what else to do.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So people keep telling me the problem is the residtor . I put another residtor and blower switch in both MOTORCRAFT, and still the same issue. Fuse is good. Not sure what to do next,any suggestions? This is getting crazy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One last try then I give up. Can someone let me know what color wire goes to which teminal on the resistor? When I bought the new plug for it I was told just match up the wire colors. I am wondering if the new conector plug which made by STANDARD do not have the wires in the correct place. I never checked it when I cut the old one off. It is the T plug.

·
Super Moderator
26,785 Posts
Here's the connector pinout diagram. I believe it's looking at the face of the connector if you don't find numbers on the terminal spots.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts