The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 04 f350 it runs good until i take it on the highway and go around 75 to 80 the throttle losses all power... unresponsive i have to pull over turn the car off then turn it back on and power is back but if i got at that speed again it losses power all over again. i dont have a problem driving the truck and normal speeds which i dont understand why its only at highway speeds. i just bought a new throttle sensor and pedal will see if thats the problem but if anyone has had this issue before please let me know its a huge problem for me having to avoid highway speeds

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Please don't do any more parts replacement without troubleshooting it first. That gets real expensive very quickly.

You need a good code reader and an engine scan tool that reads the PCM values for critical sensors.

ForScan makes a good scan tool that is a very good code reader. They have versions that can be downloaded to an Android phone, a tablet, an iPphone, a iPad, a laptop, etc. With the laptop you can get a hardwire connector, but w/ the smart phones you will need an ELM327 OBDII connector. The Android uses the bluetooth connector and the apple products use the WiFi.

Check for codes and post what you find.

The early engines use high pressure oil pumps that are prone to failure. I am not saying that this is your issue, but after checking for codes, you will want to be monitoring the ICP pressure, ICP volts, and IPR % duty cycle values when ramping up to highway speeds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts