The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a '99 F350 built on 2/99(older style hubs). A friend of mine has a totalled 2004 F350, I was wondering if I will be able to bolt the '04 hubs onto my knuckles, That way I will be able to get a decent set of aftermarket rotors. The main thing is that my truck has manual hubs and transfer case, the '04 is auto. What can I do about that? I hate auto hubs.

What about the ABS? Is that something that I can add without much effort? My truck currently only has Rear wheel ABS.

Also for just a hundred dollars I am getting the King Ranch seats, and center console! SCORE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif Those should bolt up without much of a problem correct?

· Banned
5,960 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

Also for just a hundred dollars I am getting the King Ranch seats, and center console! SCORE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif Those should bolt up without much of a problem correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang, why can't I get deals like that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif

· Registered
913 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I have a '99 F350 built on 2/99(older style hubs). A friend of mine has a totalled 2004 F350, I was wondering if I will be able to bolt the '04 hubs onto my knuckles, That way I will be able to get a decent set of aftermarket rotors. The main thing is that my truck has manual hubs and transfer case, the '04 is auto. What can I do about that? I hate auto hubs.

[/ QUOTE ]

The wheel bearings and rotors are the only differences. Even though the wheel bearings are for ABS, they should work fine in your truck without, the rotors will swap right over also. Your manual hubs will also bolt right into the new bearings, even though they were auto's in the 04.

[ QUOTE ]
What about the ABS? Is that something that I can add without much effort? My truck currently only has Rear wheel ABS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not exactly sure, but you would probably need the ABS motor, wiring harnesses, and even more I'm sure. I don't think I would even mess with the ABS, but I hate ABS, so thats my opinion.

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Dang, why can't I get deals like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
You cant believe how excited I am about those things! I told him how much I have seen them on Ebay for, thankfully he didn't change his mind about selling them to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The wheel bearings and rotors are the only differences. Even though the wheel bearings are for ABS, they should work fine in your truck without, the rotors will swap right over also. Your manual hubs will also bolt right into the new bearings, even though they were auto's in the 04.

I'm not exactly sure, but you would probably need the ABS motor, wiring harnesses, and even more I'm sure. I don't think I would even mess with the ABS, but I hate ABS, so thats my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool Thanks! I probably wont even mess with the ABS for safety reasons, just wanted to check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.