The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys thanks for letting me be in this cool site. I bought a 05 6.0 f250 and it is my first diesel truck . Love the old truck but started to have a few problems . The first thing the FICM went out so i replace it and it fired right up and drove it all day that day . Next morning fire it up backing out of the drive way died like u cut the key off. So now am in the same boat . Check the FICM again and it showed it was bad again . Took it out and it was black and u could smell where it shorted out. Ordered another FICM . Put it in and wouldnt start . Got looking at the 50 AMP fuse it was blowed and i put another 50 AMP fuse in and it blow as soon as i turn the motor . So like a dummy i put another fuse in it and this time she starts up for about 8 sec and cuts off like u cut it off again . I went had a code reader and the code came up as a P2258 CODE . I put a IPC new and still no start. So me and my son couldnt aford to pay someone so we took this website advise by checking the fuel injection wires for naked spots and right under the turbo neck we find a blue and green wire with one . We put it back together and she fires off and purrs like a diesel should sound like and then it cuts off like we cut it off again . Fire her back up and she is running fine as i try to put the fuse box lid on she cut off again . So now i have an idea the fuels box has a bad place in and as look at the relay it has a melted a spot on it and i find a clip to be loose were the relay slides in the pins.. I take the pins on the relay and bend them just enough were i know it will make a good connection and when i fired her up it started faster and i could hear the difference of the sound . I mean it was a big difference in the sound . It was a lot quieter and when it shift into second a lot smoother and a hole lot stronger running . Sorry for making this so long but i hope this will help someone out with the same trouble as me. Thanks

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Thanks for posting your solution. Down the road, someone will use this info to egt themselves out of a jamb, I'm sure.

Enjoy the truck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts