The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 F350 4x4 dually that I store in Az. during the summer. The mileage is 145,000 miles. There is an oil leak at the back of the trans around the oil pan after it sits for the summer. I can clean it off and degrease it until it is dry. I can drive it all winter with no evidence of oil. I park it for the summer and when I pull it out of storage it has a puddle of trans oil under it as well as oil dripping off the trans and crossmember. I have ckd the oil level is only down hardly enough to measure on the stick. The only thing I can think of is the oil has time to drain back out of the converter and body of the trans itself. Remember the temps in Arizona can get up to over a hundred constantly. Has anyone else had a problem like this ?? Its driving me crazy trying to figure this one out...

·
Registered
802 Posts
I've got two 6.0's and they both leak a little oil that ends up in that same area. Considering the other things that I've had to fix, I haven't stressed about it too much. If it were significant, I'd be concerned.

Best of luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts