The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 05 6.0 for a couple years now, but it seems every summer when using the A/C over a long drive, the limp home light comes on. I don't lose any power, have any overheats, or lose the cold air from the A/C. What could be causing this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine does this also. Wrench light comes on on the interstate during the summer and no other time, no loss of power, and no indications on the gauges. I finally got the Torque app and started monitoring everything more closely. For me, this is happening when the difference between my coolant temp and my oil temp (called the "Delta") exceeds 25 degrees for more than a few minutes. It is indicative of a clogging oil cooler, usually caused by gummy silicone residue, casting sand, or rust clogging the coolant passages and preventing adequate flow. There is a lot of info out there on this problem, but as soon as I get some gaskets and some other items I've ordered I'm going to try a combination of flush techniques and hopefully unclog mine without having to replace the cooler. If it works I'll post my process on here for posterity.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts