The Diesel Stop banner

05 lug nuts

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ROCKNMUD 
#1 ·
I am looking to replace my 2005 F-350 Dually lug nuts to McGard chrome lugs. I want to get rid of the front hub cap on my dually. Does anyone know for sure if they are 14mm x 1.50 RH? I can not find this info any where. Thanks

#2 ·
Personally I would not replace the factory lug nuts just get the covers, plastic or stainless steel, to cover them. They will hold up a lot better than chrome nuts do.
FMT

#3 ·
I went through this when I put the Toyo Muds on my truck. The lug nuts on the 05 have a built on washer - they are not like regular lug nuts. The only place I could get wheel locks was from Ford. They are unlike any wheel locks I have ever seen. About $60.

#5 ·
DO NOT USE REGULAR NUTS ON THESE WHEELS!!!! these wheels are center pilot wheels. the wheels ride on the hubs. old style wheels ride on the studs. it is very important to torque the nuts to about 155 ft lbs. over tight or under tight is bad. use a little lube on the washer to nut surface. do not try to use 2006 wheels on any earlier 350s. the center pilot must match the hub. another thing that will help down the line if you live in the rust belt is to use mere-sieze on the hub and stud holes on aluminum wheels.

#6 ·
I was looking at these SUMMITRACING
part #MCG-69501 they also carry locking lugs part #MCG-25501

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.