The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which tune do you find yourselves utilizing on a daily basis, Tow, Tow-Power or High Power or (extreme/insane)? And would that be city, highway or both types of driving?
Thanks in advance,
j.schall /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great post! I would like to know my self as I am looking to get one for my 05. And knowing what tune of SCT's (Tadds or Erics) would be "safe" with a basicaly stock truck. (guages and exhaust are the only planned upgrades.)

Bump /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FFpsd

·
Registered
48 Posts
I run the Xtreme tune daily.. you have to get use to the new converter lockup program. I have tried to run at the Max Power tune... that didnt last long. The Xtreme tune is an evil drug. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

·
Registered
190 Posts
Extreme tune. Gained no mileage / lost no mileage. But I love the black cloud and lighting up my 35's. When I pull I use the towing mode. I haven't seen any mileage improvements from using tow or economy w/ or w/ out towing.

...Rich

·
Registered
216 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I run the Xtreme tune daily.. you have to get use to the new converter lockup program. I have tried to run at the Max Power tune... that didnt last long. The Xtreme tune is an evil drug. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just what TunedportCJ5 said. The extreme tune is an evil drug. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dam Evil, I have been running the extreme mode for two months and since then some how there are big black tire marks all around town and my tires are almost shot after 5000 miles. My MPG also did not go op or down 13.5 city and 14.6 on highway. Anyways I have been wondering is it safe to run on Extreme all day everyday? I been trying to stop burning out and racing, 4x4 launch so fun.

·
Registered
216 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Dam Evil, I have been running the extreme mode for two months and since then some how there are big black tire marks all around town and my tires are almost shot after 5000 miles. My MPG also did not go op or down 13.5 city and 14.6 on highway. Anyways I have been wondering is it safe to run on Extreme all day everyday? I been trying to stop burning out and racing, 4x4 launch so fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I been running extreme tune since Nov.04 Had to rotate my rear tires to the front because almost bold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

·
Registered
216 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Who makes the extreme tune? Innovative or ATS?

[/ QUOTE ]

My extreme tune is from Innovative Diesel. ATS might make one also with different name maybe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
144 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Which tune do you find yourselves utilizing on a daily basis, Tow, Tow-Power or High Power or (extreme/insane)? And would that be city, highway or both types of driving?
Thanks in advance,
j.schall /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've put the SCT in at 3000km, and have left it on the max power setting. I've got 10,000km on it now and I'm thinking about trying the extreme file. I didn't want to abuse the tranny with extreme file power and 38" tires with stock gears.

I finally got 4.56's put in on the weekend. The wife picked it up and I haven't even had a chance to drive it with the new gears. I'm a little paranoid to run the extreme file,(talked to someone the other day who is experiencing puking with their 04 on the extreme setting) but we'll see.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Do any of you guys notice that the extreme tune makes the 6.0L knock alot from idle to 1500 rpms. Mine knocks ungodly with the extreme in. The truck even is hard to start after sitting over night. It coughs and hacks on start up and puffs white and black.. Only when running the extreme though, if i take it out and run the stock program or a stack it starts fine.

·
Registered
216 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Do any of you guys notice that the extreme tune makes the 6.0L knock alot from idle to 1500 rpms. Mine knocks ungodly with the extreme in. The truck even is hard to start after sitting over night. It coughs and hacks on start up and puffs white and black.. Only when running the extreme though, if i take it out and run the stock program or a stack it starts fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I don't have those problems. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif I have run the extreme tune since it came out. I have had truck since Nov.04 Maybe have the tune checked out.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PM'd you. Sounds like you may have a different processor code than what the program was written for. Some trucks have been reflashed and we need to know the correct code to get your strategy correct. We'll get you straightened out. Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I run the tow tune from innovative. I use my truck around town, freeway driving, towing trailers, and getting up into the mountains (back country). This tune works the best for me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was wondering if the SCT can be detected by the dealer after using it and returning it back to the stock flash? In other words, is there a trace of some sort left behind by the SCt that Ford can pick up on?

Thanks

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Supposedly when you flash back too stock for a while it shows that the systems memory was altered which is also the same thing it does if you disconect the batteries.. Most reccomend you drive it for a couple weeks stock prior to your dealler visit.. But they can not specifically say you had this or that on your truck.
my two cents..
j.schall

·
Registered
296 Posts
Eric,

PM'ed ya back. We will get it lined out, no big deal. God it runs awesome though. he he he

1 - 17 of 17 Posts