The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06’ ram 3500 dually that was overheating while towing up hill. Had to stop several times to let it cool down. The temp would drop back down to around 200-210 in like five minutes or so. Runs fine when running with no load. Engine and trany got rebuilt last year. Radiator got flushed, new injectors, new turbo, new batteries, new water pump. Just had the ECM replaced a cpl months ago. Also it seemed to really be struggling. Pedal to the floor and was doing like 25mph

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I had my 7.3 overheating few years back turned out radiator fins clogged with dirt and grime. Pulled it and did go wash job that solved the problem. I have seen radiators on the coast loose cooling capacity due to the corrosion on the little fins.
DENNY

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took a better look at it tonight. I have a 4" air filter in it thats not too bad. A little dirty but not that bad. I could drop that to a 2" filter and that might reduce the air restriction a little but i also discovered that the fins on the A/C condenser are in pretty bad shape so thinking that is probably at least part of my problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts