The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I would really appreciate some help with the issue I came across today.

A little background:
My father has a 2007 F350 Super Duty Lariat with the 6.0 diesel engine. As he no longer drives, I have been driving it for a bit on weekends for him. We do keep a trickle charger on one battery.

The issue I had today:
I needed to move his snow plow, so I mounted it, connected everything while the truck was running. No issues starting up today.

I could not get power to his plow joystick control (power led would not light up) so I rechecked the outside plow plugs, put some dielectric grease on the connectors, but no luck. While the truck was still running, I started checking some fuses that I thought might pertain to the joystick connector (driver's side under steering wheel) but did not see any blown.

Gave up on mounting the plow, ended up just dragging it with a chain with the truck, and parked the truck.

About 6 hours later, I cannot get the truck to crank.

-When turning the key to start, I do not hear the starter click, I do hear some relays in the fuse box click.
-The battery light is on when the ignition is turned on. Hooked up our snap-on battery charger for about 20 minutes, did not help. Usually if the battery was dead after a few minutes it would crank slowly, this time it just flat out would not crank.
-Tried moving gear shifter to neutral, past park, no change.
-Tried using the yellow and blue wire under the hood on passenger side on the battery terminal to try and jump the starter, I get a spark but no crank.
-While I was checking the fuses, I noticed a red wire that went into the fuse box, but did not connect to anything. Not sure what it is for.

I will be going back to troubleshoot some more tomorrow, I was really hoping that someone could point me in the right direction. I need to get the truck started again since it's not in a good place for storage.

Thank you!
Ben

·
Registered
106 Posts
My guess would be the starter has gone bad being that it won't kick over with the wire under the hood but has power there.

·
Registered
195 Posts
x2 either bad batteries out of nowhere (has happened to me) or the starter just crapped out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much guys. I replaced the starter today and it started right up. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
195 Posts
:usaflag2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts