The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 ford f250 with 6.4 and I'm having a wiring issue. I'm needing to find out what each pin on the obd2 port for voltage key on engine off

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no crank no start theft light is blinking. when I hit the key to start odo shows ---------- hooked up to with scanner and no communication with ecm and Tcm all voltage fine new batteries I checked all connections I checked voltage on the obd2 port and im getting 9.2v on one of the can wires and no voltage or ground on another

can someone check the voltage on their obd2 connector to see what they are getting on each pin????

·
Super Moderator
25,361 Posts
The diagnostic port likely can't be checked with a multimeter other than the power feed and ground.
With the widest part at the top, the pins are numbered 1-8 (closest to the wide side) and 9-16 left to right.
The ports that are used are:
2 - Tan/orange - SCP bus+
3 - Orange - UBP Diagnostics
4 - Black - Ground
5 - Black/white - Ground
7 - Lt Blue/White - ISO Bus
10 - Pink/Lt blue - SCP Bus -
13 - violet - Module Programming Signal
16 - Lt Blue/White - Supplied voltage(12V)
Note that this is from a 2002, but could be the same for your '08. Could have potentially changed the colors, but that's the latest I have access to.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
port 13 has no voltage nor ground and port 7 has 9.1 volts all other can pins are usually around 2v
I checked grounds and wires going to pcm
3 grounds and 3 power and ignition source and no communication with ecm nor tcm

·
Super Moderator
25,361 Posts
If you don't have 12V on Port 16, the scan tool will not be able to connect to the PCM.
All other voltages don't really mean anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pin 16 has 12.8v
I have a snap on computer I can pick up everything but the pcm and tcm
if im not mistaken voltage does have a reason being the ecm usually goes off 5v reference especially with can bus wires

·
Registered
1 Posts
no crank no start theft light is blinking. when I hit the key to start odo shows ---------- hooked up to with scanner and no communication with ecm and Tcm all voltage fine new batteries I checked all connections I checked voltage on the obd2 port and im getting 9.2v on one of the can wires and no voltage or ground on another

can someone check the voltage on their obd2 connector to see what they are getting on each pin????

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have tried another ecm and tcm
I have traced the wires going from obd2 all the back to the ecm I’m pretty stuck in this one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts