The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently bought an 08 f350 lariat from a dealership and my truck has overheated 5 times and the truck says reducing engine power. I've filled it up with coolant twice and the dealership did it once. It only happens when I'm driving up hills or just long drives. I have no idea what's going on with it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
first thing to figure out is "where is it going?"

you could have a leaking lower radiator hose, which is common... you could have a busted radiator where the tank meets the fins (plastic area), which is common... you could have a bad degas cap, which is way too common and is manifest by 'puking' out the reservoir... or.... on the serious side- you could have blown head gaskets, usually manifest by puking out the degas and will have to run a pressure test to determine, or another serious issue is a leaking (internally) EGR cooler... could be it's a busted up front cover, too, but your oil will show coolant present if that's the case...

try to figure out where it's going... coolant usually leaves white residue...

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
So I recently bought an 08 f350 lariat from a dealership and my truck has overheated 5 times and the truck says reducing engine power. I've filled it up with coolant twice and the dealership did it once. It only happens when I'm driving up hills or just long drives. I have no idea what's going on with it.
Hi B9426,

I'm Todd, and I'm filling in for Crystal while she is on vacation. I'm going to get your vehicle feedback documented; please send over a PM with your full name, phone number, and VIN.

Additionally, I recommend a second opinion, as well. Locate a Ford Dealer near you here.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Todd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts