The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I finally bought this 2008 F250 SD Crewcab w/6.4l engine. I am working thru a few minors issues in order to get it ready for my son to drive. A/C is what I am currently on now and wanted to see if you have to evac your entire system to change out the orifice tube. I have been told that this is probably the culprit for my air not getting as cold as it should, since all the pressure levels checked out ok. I was told it was located/accessible from the right front tire side, by removing the fender well liner. Correct or Incorrect? Thanks,
JD

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found the answer. Just in case anyone else is looking for the same answer. Yes you do have to evac your entire system and recharge once the orifice tube is removed/replaced. Location on the 08 F250 6.4L is behind the right inner fender liner and is on the a/c line running from the condenser to evaporator.

JD

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Greg, it will blow cold but it takes the system at least 15-20mins to build up to that level and also I have to turn my fan on high max to feel any results. I decided yesterday to let my neighbor evac and recharge and this would give me a chance to replace the orifice tube, but we ran into a snag. During the evac process, the low side did not want to come down. All of the coolant was taken out, but for some reason when the vacuum pump was turned on, the low side would not drop. We thought it was a line blockage, but you could manually push in on the low side schrader valve and air would come out. He ran a little coolant up like he was going to charge the system and the low side accepted it, but it would not vacuum down for some reason. Both of us where stumped. We tested it by letting the vauum run for about 45 mins and the high side was below zero and high side was still sitting on zero. So we put in some oil and recharged with correct amount of coolant. Cool air, but not cold like it should be. Now we are just waiting to see if anyone with a lot more A/C experience chimes in with some suggestions or possible solutions. Thanks.

JD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts